• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello! (Bypass patient at Sunderland Royal)

joannalouise

Hi guys, just thought I'd stop by and introduce myself. I'm Jo, I'm 30 and I'm from Middlesbrough but studying for a masters degree in Amsterdam at the moment.

I've been to see Dr Schroeder at Sunderland Royal today and he's put me on the waiting list for surgery so I thought it was time I stepped in here and got to know a few people as I'm sure I'll be needing some support along the way :)

hi, im a bander ,was operated on by mr shroeder, this sitwe has been really helpful to me there are so many people here all ready to help you through this life changing time xx

:welcome:

I'm a patient at Sunderland too. Good luck with your journey x

Great news for you love...welcome...this site has been invaluable to me, you will love it xx

Hi and welcome im a SRH patient too, if you want to come to our patient support group your very welcome to.
Congratulations on been put on the waiting list x :)

Liz x

Hi, I'm a patient at Sunderrland too, congratulations on being out on the list and good luck with your wls journey, Karen x

:talk017::talk017::talk017:
HELLO AND WELCOME
Im'e a sunderland patient too and have my appointment with the bariatric team a week today - thursday 10th

Welcome to the forum.... and congrats on making the list!!!!!

I'm a Sunderland patient too - patiently plodding through the process!

Hi and :welcome: to WLS, Im not at Sunderland but Im a bypass patient too :D Best thing I ever did! Good luck and congrats on making it to the list for surgery XX

Hello and welcome too the forum, there are lots and lots of sunderland patients on this site, I am sure u will find the abundance of information a real eye opener, wishing u all the best - Me Julie xx

Ah, how nice are you lot! :) Was lovely to check back here and get all these messages of support. It's especially great to hear from fellow Sunderland people!

Apparently my next step will be to get a camera down my stomach to check all's well. What's that like? Sounds unpleasant!

its not very pleasent at all love i tell ya i got the throat spray and seditive but we are all different and im a right wuss haha xx

Ah, how nice are you lot! :) Was lovely to check back here and get all these messages of support. It's especially great to hear from fellow Sunderland people!

Apparently my next step will be to get a camera down my stomach to check all's well. What's that like? Sounds unpleasant!

its not pleasant but lasts only a matter of 3-5 mins, take the sedation i was silly and had only the throat spray, its not nice but has to be done before they can proceed to bypass x

Hiya
I am 3 weeks post gastric sleeve at SRH (Schroeder/Small team), I am also a pre-assessment nurse at SRH so you will pass through my department at some point near your surgery.

The camera is a necessary evil I am afraid it is a bit unpleasant but not painful and only lasts approx 3 mins (used to work endoscopy) though seems longer, usually offered sedation or numbing throat spray.
Good luck on the journey:)

its a rather unpleasant experience, i didnt take the sedation offered only the throat spray i regret that now, it isnt nice but is over with in a few mins, if you have someone with you to drive you home i recommend the sedation x

:welcome:Great to see you and wanting to send you the warmest welcome and every good wish on your wls journey... love and hugs xxx

Back