• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello! (Bypass patient at Sunderland Royal)

Hi, I'm a SRH patient as well. Unfortunately, it seems as though they put lots of appointments back. I was due to see Mr. Mahawar in December and got put back twice 'til I finally saw him July 6th!! My journey has taken me 16 months to date, and is expected to be another 10 months to surgery. Just use your waiting time as a learning curve and prepare for the new lifestyle and new you.

Hi and Welcome, Congratulations on going on the list. I am a Sunderland Patient too but only at the Nurse/Dietician appointment. Good Luck with the rest of your wls journey xx

I am with Sunderland and Mr Mahawar too - I have had a relatively smooth trip so far and have my op scheduled for 20th Aug - OMG not long now. I had the spray for the endoscopy it is short procedure slightly unpleasant but OK

welcome to site Joanna, you'll find it really helpful, I had a sleeve done in January at SRH. You may see me at some time when you get your date as I work in pre-assessment clinic.

why do we have to have the camra i dont no much as im dont see the nurse till september x
The gastroscopy is done to check your stomach is okay before they do bypass as the op involves closing part of the stomach off permanently, its also to check for hiatus hernia (where top of stomach bulges up) as this can cause problems with bands etc and often need to be repaired at same time as surgery.

Back