• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello from a new bandit!

mellyb28

Size 16 - yay!
Hello everyone, I'm new to posting on any kind of forum so I hope I've done it right!

I had my lap band fitted on the 19th January at the Spire, Tunbridge Wells, and so far all going well. I am on the purée/soft food stage now. I think my biggest problem will be my own impatience to lose weight more quickly. At the moment my body is in shock and is desperately trying to hang on to the weight.

Would love to hear from anyone, especially those who are local to me or are at a similar stage of their journey.

Good luck to all x

Last edited:
congrats and well done on having your op and good luck for the future. I am sure the weight will come off we all need a little patience. xxx

I was banded on 18th Jan so am at a fairly similar stage xx

The scales are being nice to me at the mo, but last week the initial swoop of weight loss slowed down. Am still on mush but am longing to get back to chewing something!!!!! Wounds all healed just about and looking not half as bad as I worried they would.

Big hugs and well done xx

Cathy xx

Well done on getting ur band fitted......Lots of fellow banders on this site. Wishing u all the best xx

Hello and welcome. Good luck with your wls.. There are some tremendous banders on here and loads of love and support.
Wishing you well and hope to get to know you.
Sending a humungous hug and loads of love to you xxx

Just wanted to check that I had added my ticker correctly!

mellyb28 said:
Hello everyone, I'm new to posting on any kind of forum so I hope I've done it right!

I had my lap band fitted on the 19th January at the Spire, Tunbridge Wells, and so far all going well. I am on the purée/soft food stage now. I think my biggest problem will be my own impatience to lose weight more quickly. At the moment my body is in shock and is desperately trying to hang on to the weight.

Would love to hear from anyone, especially those who are local to me or are at a similar stage of their journey.

Good luck to all x

Well done and congrads on your band. I got mine on 16th July last year. I found the first few months hard and getting used to it . I've lost 28 pounds now which is slow as i can't do any fitness due to medical probs .
Keep at it and if you want to know anything send me a message x jill

Just wanted to say hi :) I havnt had my op yet, still trying to sort funds but have decided 99% that it will be done thro the wls group .....
I look forward to Reading about your journey :) x

Congratulations on your band Hun and welcome to wlsurgery, xxx

Back