• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello From Spartacus

spartacus

Hello Everyone,

I'm Spartacus 6'2 and I weigh 23 stones. I have had the meeting where they withdraw the blood and you meet with the consultants. I'm going to have the gastric bypass. I'm going out to Turkey on Thursday for holiday as a last journey of my old self.

I am a powerlifter and they have a saying "eat and sleep, sleep and eat, eat some more and sleep some more. So the bigger and stronger I got the more health problems I have.

I have high blood pressure, diabetes type 1, high cholesterol etc etc. So I have all the real risk factors that cause later health problems. My mobility is compromised and my ability to move around a lot. As I get tired climbing a flight of stairs.

So I'm going to the gym and it goes like this. Once I do some stretching. Not much as I have a big belly. Then I do a set of squats, sit five minutes then do another set. Sit for five or more minutes and take more time and increase more weight but still sit for so long.

I had sleep apnea and I use cpap machine and initially I felt fine now I am sleepy again. i went to the meeting at the sleep clinic and I was told to stick with the current machine. I'm not using a mask I'm using the one that goes into your nose.

So wish you well and I keep you posted.

Best Wishes

Spartacus

I am the real Spartacus ! !

Oh you know someone had to say it ! :D

What hospital are you under ?

Have a great holiday and with luck, as you seem to have had your pre meds, when you come back you could be called in anytime !

Sharon

Welcome Spartacus :) definitely keep up the Cpap as your provider will want to see that you are compliant with it. The fact that you weren't tired anymore meant that it was working but you have to use it every night to maintain that ;) .. I use nasal pillows too instead of a mask :)

Back