• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Saying hello and a few questions

Mrs Noodles

Hi

About 14 months ago I found this sight as I was researching weight loss procedures. At the time I'd more or less decided on having the wrap or sleeve with Dr Cierney in Prague. Anyway long story short I was talked out of it at the time and here I am again! I asked my GP last year but she wouldn't refer me as my BMI was only 37.5. I'm now with a different surgery so may try again. All I can think of is I have high cholesterol (had bloods re done last week so waiting result) and a back bad which I have cortisone injections for. I'm wondering if I have sleep apneoa as I sleep terrible and wake myself up snorting loudly!?

I've got a consultation booked in January for Spire Southbank and being looking into surgery at Spire Manchester with Professor Ammori.

hi welcome and good luck with whatever you decide to do

Thinking of the sleeve this time as I want a permanent solution. Can't stomach the thought of a gastric band and ports etc.

I forgot to say I'm tried everything thing is the past, weight watchers, lighter life, slimming world, reductil, orlistat, hypnosis etc etc and just end up bigger than ever!

Good luck Clare and please keep us posted. When do you start the pre op diet?

Good luck Mrs Noodles and Clare-sleeved!! I am due to have a sleeve on 3rd jan, so I am on my pre op diet at the moment - everywhere I look there is food and cooking programmes!!!! But I am sure the end result will be well worth it !!! X

Hi Clare-sleeve, where r u having your op??? And when do u start your pre-op diet?? Will u be on the milk diet or r u allowed to eat "proper food"??? I'm in Leicestershire and am having my op at Leicester royal infirmary. Got my pre-op assessment tomorrow, hopefully shouldn't be too long as I had a pre-op in November, but my op got cancelled a week before :-( I think I feel more nervous this time!!! Really scared something will go wrong!!! Good job I've got Christmas to keep my mind occupied!!! X

Clare-sleeve I take it you are going private if u r going to France???? R u going alone?? I hope u have plenty of support. I am really lucky, everyone who I have told about my op has been so supportive, and often curious!!! But I decided from the start I had to be honest with people as to what I was having done. My hubby is supportive, but I think he is a little apprehensive too!! Mum and dad are supportive, as are the rest of my family, so I guess I am really lucky in that respect. X

Hi

About 14 months ago I found this sight as I was researching weight loss procedures. At the time I'd more or less decided on having the wrap or sleeve with Dr Cierney in Prague. Anyway long story short I was talked out of it at the time and here I am again! I asked my GP last year but she wouldn't refer me as my BMI was only 37.5. I'm now with a different surgery so may try again. All I can think of is I have high cholesterol (had bloods re done last week so waiting result) and a back bad which I have cortisone injections for. I'm wondering if I have sleep apneoa as I sleep terrible and wake myself up snorting loudly!?

I've got a consultation booked in January for Spire Southbank and being looking into surgery at Spire Manchester with Professor Ammori.

Hi Mrs N....what's dates your appt at Southbank?
C xx

Back