• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help....I hate protein supps!!!!

Phojay

middle name OPTIMISTIC!!!
Hi all

Have put this thread in here in the hope I may get some advice, was gonna put it in the protein sticky put thought I may get more look in here!

I've been trying to get some extra protein in and decided to try maxi muscle first.....yuck! Had the vanilla flavour and then chocolate, couldn't tolerate either!! Then bought holland and barret whey protein, strawberry flavour and natural.....double yuck!! Decided maybe it would be best to go for the protein shots so ordered the 42g orange flavour......oh my god vile!......tried neat and then diluted in big jug of water.....still awful, cant even hold my nose and get it down!!

So I now have 2 big tubs of holland and barret protein, a big tub of maxi muscle and a box of 42g tubes and cant stand any of them!

Please, please, please could someone suggest what to try next, its the taste so far I cant stand, have mixed with water and milk and I cant drink either!

There must be some protein supplements out there that aren't as bad?????

I hated the pre-op shakes too and called the clinic, was told to try Slim Fast to, but I couldnt stand them.
In the end, I just ate healthily, drank only water and still had my gastric band! Dont worry too much Huni.

PMSL

Only laughing cos i just ordered 2 bloody boxes of the preotein shots , grape and rasberry flavour OMG they are disgusting this afternoon i have had one then spent next 20 minutes heaving over the sink, never again grape ones are going on ebay !!!!

They are awful so i thinks its going to have to be eggs anc chicken all the way for me !!!!

Helen
xxxxx

Does whey protein taste anything like Slimfast? Because I think they are yummy! Marion xx

Unfortunately finding a tasty protein supplement is hard since one person's yum is another person's yuck!

My personal favorites are:

BSN Lean Dessert
(Whipped Vanilla Cream, Banana Nut Bread, Choc Fudge & Choc Coconut)

cheapsupplements.com (£17.49 for 630g)

PVL Whey Gourmet
(cookies & cream, strawberry banana & creamy caramel)

thesupplementstore.co.uk (£23.29 for 908g)

IDS New Whey Protein Bullets
(Fruit punch & grape are my favs)

discount-supplements.co.uk (£24.99 for 12)

Maxi-Muscle Promax
(cafe latte)

dolphinfitness.co.uk (£23.99n for 908g)

I know that have tried some of my favorites and hated them but sometimes it is the flavor not the product that you don't like. For some it is about the texture, have been able to any type of shake pre-op?

Sorry you haven't found one you like yet. Perhaps you could list them here and see if anyone wants to buy them off you for a reduced price and some shipping?

HTH,
Nic

Do you like greek yoghurt, coz if you do, they do a 0% fat with no added sugar or sweetners and it has a reasonably high level of protein. Its called FAGE TOTAL 0%

100 grams has 52 calories, 0g fat, 0mg salt, 4g carbs, 9g protein.

I have it for breakfast and instead of ice cream or cream with things.

helen i'll buy them off you.
I dont partcularly like the protien suppliment but i look at them as medicine and its not meant to tast nice. lol

has anyone tried sanatogen protein powder???

Back