• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help needed please!!!!

teresa/steve

:wave_cry:Hi All, my hubby needs some help or advice. It started about 6 weeks ago when he had something to eat he felt sick while he was eating it , he also has gone off lots of food nothing tastes good, things he could eat weeks ago he cannot manage now.As well he has been feeling really depressed about having the op done and was wondering if this is normal if anybody esle has gone through this stage ??? Any help we would be grateful for xx:wave_cry:

Sorry can't help much I'm 3 & 1/2 wks post bypass and so far so good. Perhaps being sick has triggered a subconscious fear and so has affected his eating. But with luck more experienced bypasses will be able to help you.

Dont know how far out he is but sounds quite normal to me,I think we all go through periods off food.The lining of our stomachs have been drastically reduced and its that lining that has the hormones that give us our appetite,hence less appetite!It will change.Maz x

hello
ive not been sick once since the op thank god and i do hope is stays that way.. but i have been up and down down about it i think i feel some of my social life has gone like the boozing and the meals out etc but i have managed to put it all into perspective i felt uncomfortable when i was out and bigger.. and i will eventually get to do all these things again just in moderation..
was he a very social man and he has lost that a bit?? maybe he is missing going for a pint etc?? food is very much a crutch and when it is taken away we do get down considering we have depended on it for so long for giving comfort etc..
hope he feels better soon xx

So only a week ahead of me!I still have periods of not being interested in food,though at the mo Im into carbs more!

There are things that I don't eat now which I used to love just post surgery. Tastes change as does the nausea. I still get occasional periods of nausea and am off my food but it does go eventually.

Is your hubby drinking enough fluids? Dehydration can make you feel sicky.

If he's struggling to physically get food down, IE it just won't go down, then it's worth giving your surgical team a call just to make sure it's not a stricture causing a problem.

As for the depression, I was depressed the whole 2 months post op, I regretted the decision to have my op and I hated every minute of it. That too eventually goes and once things are back to a normal routine, things do improve.

Best of luck xx

Im sorry to hear that, I'm 5 weeks post op and feeling rotten, wishing I'd never had it done, but seems to be the norm for first few months so hopefully things will improve fo all of us!

Thanks for all your replys, well he has gone back onto the mushy stage foods, so today he managed ok and finished his meal the first in 6 weeks.He has decided to try this for a few weeks, back to basics hopefully it will help.It seems the depression thing is quite normal to, not easy having this done its hard watching him go through it but l just hope it gets easier, thanks again xxx

I guess now it is all over for you, maybe the gods were on your side when you had your op cancelled during the procedure and had it later. You are not both suffering the same things at the same time, and can be there for each other (just like to monkeys on a branch Ahhhh) I hope he continues to feel better on the mushy stuff, and that you go from strength to strength too.

Back