• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help Please - Forceval

JoJoTGirl

Hi all...........help required please!!!
How on earth do you get forceval down without wanting to hurl??? I am 5 weeks post sleeve and have been trying for a week (in all manner of ways) to get one to stay down. I haven't felt or been sick with any other food or drink since leaving hospital but very soon after I take this I feel sooo nauseas and eventually throw it back up. I've even tried squirting the yukky brown goo into yoghurt and taking it, with food, after food, no food etc. Any ideas? Anyone else have issues with these?

I'm on Forceval also and I had to wait until I was about 2 months post op because they were too painful to swallow.
I'm not sure what to suggest really.. but I know what you mean about them making you feel sick, but at 5 weeks post op, everything that I looked at made me feel sick... even smelling food! :p

I've suffered with them non stop.

Now I find that 99% of the time I am ok, the trick for me is to take them while eating.

Hi, i had a few problems with taking forceval in the early days but it seems to go down before a meal with only a tiny sip of water, what i try to make sure is that i swallow it length ways n not width ways so it slides down easily.....works for me, maybe its just in my head lol

If that doesnt work then try something different, Hollan and Barrett have sum similiar pills to forceval that people on here have tried and they seem to stay down ok.....its all trial n error, what works for one may not work for another!!!! Good luck though :) x

Glad it's not just me then.....although I don't have any trouble actually taking the pill just afterwards when it starts disolvingin my stomach. My dietician called me this morning to see how I was going and she said that if I carry on having trouble, its now available in an effervescent form which I could make up and allow to go flat before drinking. She thinks that might be more tolerable as it would be far less concentrated in that form. Will perservere for another week or so and if no better, go cap in hand to my GP I think! lol

I had awful trouble with these and someone told me to let them warm up a bit first, and then to make sure I put the capsule right at the back of my mouth so that it would go down lengthways. This helps and I don't have an issue at all now. I must have been a couple of months out before I stopped retching when attempting to take them.

I have just been prescribed these and said to the doc that I can't swallow them and asked for something else. She had a look and they do a soluble one so iv now got these u just dissolve then in 150mls water, I would speak to ur doc they are called forceval soluble.

I have just been prescribed these and said to the doc that I can't swallow them and asked for something else. She had a look and they do a soluble one so iv now got these u just dissolve then in 150mls water, I would speak to ur doc they are called forceval soluble.

What do the soluble ones taste like?

I would never be able to take it whole I struggle with my blood pressure meds and vits and they are normal size. My bariatric nurse said to take them with the tiniest amount of water so they don't flush to quick and I think that's the main problem i'm use to a lot of water.

Switch round how you take them. Instead of putting the forceval on your tongue then taking a drink, take a mouth of drink then pop the forceval in, and swallow. This technique is brilliant for any pills that have a strong taste or smell, or are large. It was advised for me years ago when taking a hideous tablet, and I take all my pills that way now as I find it easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

What do the soluble ones taste like?

I would never be able to take it whole I struggle with my blood pressure meds and vits and they are normal size. My bariatric nurse said to take them with the tiniest amount of water so they don't flush to quick and I think that's the main problem i'm use to a lot of water.

It was nice actually, tasted fruity

I have the same problem and have given up, I went to boots today to stock up on sanatogen again, I have no problem with them!

I am going to have to ask my gp for the soluable ones as my stomach definitely doesn't like them! I can literally feel the minute they disolve inside as my stomach contracts and I start feeling very, very sick.............mouth watering etc etc. I have grabbed a bowl / bag several times but it has passed after 20 mins or so agonising minutes but yesterday there was no stopping it and I was sick for the very first time since my op.............and it bloomin hurt! : (

Jojo I kept all food down and when it came to forceval I was sick every time and thought I can't go on so I just scrapped it and took chewable multi vitamin instead!

I've had to take Forceval for years due to other deficiencies, it has been a godsend that they are now available in soluble. I use the minimum of water, about 50 - 75 ml and get it down in one if I can. Fruity with a nasty undertone and weirdly slightly cloudy.

The alternative being the whale capsules, this is a luxury by comparison.

Such a relief to know I'm not just a fusspot. Picked up a script for soluable today so hopefully they will be ok when I try in a wee while.

I give up! Threw the liquid one back up too (and I certainly didn't guzzle it.) Off to sainsburys later to but more Centrum. Will try the dreaded Forceval again in a month or so again. : (

Why bother? I'm back on my samatogen and happy again.

Go us the anti forceval gang lol.

Back