• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hernia and the sleeve

wannabeyummi

Hi guys I had my 2nd appointment with my surgeon today. Very exciting but even more confused then b4.
Ok so I decided on the sleeve and he said that because I have a hernia my reflux Would be to bad and that a bypass is the way I should go (he was quite adamant about it). I'm not keen on the malabsorption, honestly it scares me. I hate taking liquid form of meds and would hate to have to do that for life as well as the things that go with the bypass. Has any one had a sleeve who also has a hernia? Is the reflux unbearable?

On the plus side he's given me a date!
Pre assessment on the 1st July with a view for op to be on the 20th August!
I need help pls! I know ultimately the decision is mine by I want as much info as poss first.

Thanks x

What type of hernia do you have? They found a hiatus hernia while doing the sleeve on me and they repaired it while they were there. I had extra sickness during the first few days post op and retching, but since then I've had no sickness or retching. I'm now 10 days post op - so I haven't got much experience.

Congrats on getting the date xx

Thanks hun because he wants me to have the bypass its a bit scary is that quick! Ironic as I was hoping he'd give me a date today and now i'm c******g myself! Lol

He said it was an oesophagus hernia and that because of the high preassure caused by the sleeve I will have serious reflux problems (GERD)
He said he could put stiches in but it wood be temporary. He also said I wouldn't lose enough weight and I wood prob regain some b4 2 yrs is out.
I have to lose 12 kilos and stop smoking b4 date, the smoking I can do (its more a social thing) i'm just hoping I can lose the weight successfully. I weighed in at 19st today, not happy because I've put on 4kg since I was last there in Dec :(

Back