• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hey i'm aimee :)

Aimee

Hi everyone! :)

I'm aimee and 18 in 11 days! I am 21 stone 4 pounds. I've gone through so many diets with little success because i have this uncontrollable addiction to food, it's like the addiction is controlling me. I'm too scared to leave the house in fear of people making horrible comments about my weight (it's happend in the past many times). I've lost out on alot of my education because of my weight. (Ended up with social phobia and depression). I'm so tired of feeling this way and having no success with diets i go on. :(

I've now come down to realise surgery is my only option. I'm going to make an appointment with my GP for next week and talk about it with her. I was wondering, are you able to get a gastric band/bypass on the NHS? I hope so, i cannot afford it otherwise and i can not cope with living like this any longer. :(

Thank you for reading and thank you in advance for everyone who welcomes me. :)

Hi Aimee, :welcome2: We all know where you are coming from. You can get gastric bypass surgery on the NHS as long as you meet their criteria. Each PCT is different, some go by NICE guidelines but a lot dont. You can find out tho online.
Good Luck with your journey, if you want to ask any more questions, feel free X

welcome! :)

I think many of us know how you feel....i battled my weight all through my teens, but it has taken me til now to finally deal with it

best of luck when you see your GP

Hi Aimee

Welcome to the site. WLS criteria varies a lot depending on what part of the country you are in. An awful lot of PCT's are going for BMI's over 50 and in some cases higher than 60, so you really need to check out what's happening where you live.

Good luck, I hope your G.P. can give you some more info. x

Welcome to this wonderful forum Aimee, you will love it here.
Yes you can get band/bypass on the NHS if you meet the criteria. Dont let your GP fob you off, fight for it.
If you need anything just hollar ok xx
Steph xx

Hi Aimee
Welcome to wlsurgery.com :553:
I can relate so much to your story. I used to comfort eat uncontrolably, I could easily eat a packet of biscuits a day plus lots of other crappy foods ontop - chocolate bars and cakes :eek::eek::eek::eek: I was putting on so much weight because of what I was eating. I had tried every diet and failed miserably - it was only when Fern Briton talked about her WLS that it got me thinking about other options.

You can get this on the NHS but it depends on what criteria your PCT has, try googling it for your area to find out what it is for your area.
Good luck on your journey Aimee and a big welcome to the boards! :D
:party0011::party0049:Xxx em :party0049::party0011:

Aimee, welcome...

There are various other things apart from your bmi that will support your application for weight loss surgery, these are called comorbidities... I have one, i am diabetic, my husband also has one he has sleep apnoea. I'm not too sure what the others are but when you google your pct criteria check out the comorbidities. It's awful the fact that you want to be ill so you can have surgery to change and probably save your life....

Good luck with your journey, please keep us posted as to how it goes xx

Hi Aimee,

I can totally understand how you have felt as I was like that through my teens as well.

I know the others have given you advice on sites to look at etc I just wanted to say that you need to make your GP really understand how you feel and that surgery is your choice. I think at your age some may be reluctant as this is for life.

I have only just had my surgery and had a Bypass but I am 34 and have been overweight since I was 5. If I could of done this at 18 I would have walked bare foot on hot coals to do so.

I wish you every luck in the world and look at every website and forum you can to get information that will help you discuss it with your GP.

Take Care

Paula XXX:)

Hi Aimee, just want to say hello and welcome. I am sure you will find this site an incredible help to you on your journey. Good luck xxxx

Thank you so much everyone for your advice, support, and welcome you're all so friendly! :)

I know i'm still young, but i've been overweight near enough all of my life. I had some bad experiences when i was little that resulted in me comfort eating and becoming overweight, then since around the age of 9 i've been obese and even went on diets at that age! :eek:

I really do think i'm doing the right thing and i'll keep you all updated how it goes. I've seen some peoples before and after photos and you've all done so great and such an inspiration to me, thank you so much. :)

Welcome to the site Aimee. Good luck with you GP app, make sure you spill the beans and don't leave anything unsaid. I just wish wls was available when I was your age. Don't expect to get an op for a while, these things take time. The sooner you start the process the better.

Back