• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi everyone traveling from ireland

leelaloui

hi everyone im new and have spent an hour reading all your stories which have been very inspiring,i feel a lil more at ease now so glad i found this forum im considering having a gastric bypass travelling from ireland to uk with wls group :)
any advice would be really appreciated would i be ok to travel back to ireland or should i stay on a day to rest anyone have any experience with the wls group is there surgical cover ??

Lisa

Hi hune welcome sorry cant help Have not had my op yet sure someone will be along soon WHO will be able to advise. Quite a few Have gone abroad for sleeves and band not sure about bypass. Sorry cant help. Welcome hune

hiya thanks for the reply im hoping to go with the wls group my doctoris a bit weiry of me going to the uk and told me to research it as much as i can before i make the consultation and book ive read some good reviews about Shamsi El Hasani he is based in yorkshire
when are u getting urs done im so excited i have only been wanting this since im 18 26 now lol :))

Hi and welcome to the forum. I would suggest you take a day or two to stay and rest if you can as it's pretty knackering traveling anyway but after a major op will be worse. Not sure how you are traveling, flying, ferry, train, car etc. but you'll need a pillow to put between you and the seat belt on your journey.

Hope it all goes well and your journey is a good one.

Kate x

Hello and welcome hope your op all goes well. xxx

hi i have my consultation with the wls group in two weeks so i will now more then im going to bring a big list of questions as cringy as it sounds has to be done as its in uk i would be a little bit nervous about getting a complication at home and our local hospital not being able to treat as they don't deal with these surgeries thanks for the advice i will bring a pillow i plan on flying i will be in hospital for two days so i think would be a good idea to go either Manchester /Birmingham for the op have family in both and maybe stay a day r two to rest :) xx

gonnabethiner jan is a good time to have it done i was thinking my friends will find it so strange if im after the op and not going out boozing over xmas may pretend i have a bug lol all the best in your journey x

Just had a band fitted in Yorkshire clinic and flew over from nireland with WLS , I flew home the next day and although v v nervous was grand, travelling the rest of the way in the car was far more uncomfortable we live bout 50 mins from belfast. Your op is a bit bigger so Wendy will keep u right I'd say make sure u have a letter from ur surgeon to say its ok to fly as flight attendant saw me straight away and asked me had I had an op, told her my surgeon said it was ok to fly but a letter would have been easier !!! Good luck

Hi Lor thanks for the advice i will defo ask for a letter and bring a pillow for the journey i have decided to go with bmi highfield in manchester was over for a family party and met surgeon kurshid akatar and i was happy with him booked for 20 nov so excited its finally happening hope ur getting on ok good luck in your journey x

Back