• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi from Cornwall

bexh

I'm a newbie and wanting to say hi.

I'm due for surgery 15th August, 10 days! Having a bypass and am currently on day 5 of the pre-op milk diet. Have moments of finding it hard, forgetting I can't eat, then when I get hungry the thoughts of grabbing something to eat come till I realise I can't. Think it is getting easier though but evenings are the hardest.

Anyway, just a quick hi and looking forward to getting more involved on here

Hi bex and welcome good luck with your journey x

Hi Dimond

Thanks, and for you also! See we're going through it around the same time?

Bex

Hi Bex, I've just joined too, 18 days until my band surgery . . . :)

Hi Kat

Exciting times!

It is indeed :) exciting, nerve wracking and a whole host of emotions too . . .am sure its the same for you too!

It is indeed :) exciting, nerve wracking and a whole host of emotions too . . .am sure its the same for you too!
sure is, I'm having a whole host of demons rear their heads right now too, think I've keeping them at bay and now the surgery is making me face them, think this is a good process to go through though.

How is the pre-op diet going for you?

Hi Bex! I'm new too! And the same name!
I've just joined up on this group following a referral by doc to pct for surgery last Monday- waiting to hear!
How long did it take for you to hear anything from the initial referral?
X

Hi Bex

Sorry to say I have forgotten those time slots now. But I had my GP refer me 2 years ago this summer. Been a long process but have had such good support and education from the whole team. This has meant I am well prepared and completely sure.

Good luck with the process and don't be too disheartened with the time frame, it's all worth it in the end I'm sure.

Thanks for replying! What was happening in the two years after you were referred? Was that the conditions on having the op or was that your own choice? X

Hi Bexh - welcome. I'm also in Cornwall. Just got my funding (finally). Good luck with the surgery, not long now x

bex j88 said:
Thanks for replying! What was happening in the two years after you were referred? Was that the conditions on having the op or was that your own choice? X

Just various appointments, the time does add up. Think this time frame is quite normal where I'm from. Seems like a long time but the op will be there before you know it. I remember being anxious for it to come soon when first referred but you soon lose that.
Good luck

Jamast said:
Hi Bexh - welcome. I'm also in Cornwall. Just got my funding (finally). Good luck with the surgery, not long now x

Well done on the funding, shouldn't be long for you now! Who's doing your op? Cota or Finlay?

Well done on the funding, shouldn't be long for you now! Who's doing your op? Cota or Finlay?

FInlay - I hope. At least that's who the consultant has asked to do the op. Just a case of waiting now (again lol). You did really well getting it all done in just two years - well done.

Welcome girls!! I'm relatively new, having had my band fitted five days ago. This is a great forum with some really experienced ladies and gents who give invaluable advice. Also good to learn from each other as we go along! Tracey xxx

Jamast said:
FInlay - I hope. At least that's who the consultant has asked to do the op. Just a case of waiting now (again lol). You did really well getting it all done in just two years - well done.

Did yours take longer? I've heard about 2-3 years in various cases, but it's a good time to adjust and have the much needed education, of course being 100% sure also!
Got me worried now, I'm Cota, that's ok isn't it? When I was first referred think it was just Brown there.
What op are you having done?

Tracey1404 said:
Welcome girls!! I'm relatively new, having had my band fitted five days ago. This is a great forum with some really experienced ladies and gents who give invaluable advice. Also good to learn from each other as we go along! Tracey xxx

Hi Tracey
Hope the op went well? How are you doing?
Bex

Did yours take longer? I've heard about 2-3 years in various cases, but it's a good time to adjust and have the much needed education, of course being 100% sure also!
Got me worried now, I'm Cota, that's ok isn't it? When I was first referred think it was just Brown there.
What op are you having done?

Hi - don't worry about who you get, it's just that I know Finlay and don't know the other one. I'm having the bypass (hopefully). Dr Pinkney was still there when I finally got an appointment - it's taken me three years since first appointment with Dr Brown (a long process of consultants leaving; new ones being appointed; losing my notes; not sending me appointments; etc etc - but almost six years since first approaching GP about WLS).

Hi everyone! Tracey and bex, u'll have to join August club and keep,us updated with your journey xxx

Hi - don't worry about who you get, it's just that I know Finlay and don't know the other one. I'm having the bypass (hopefully). Dr Pinkney was still there when I finally got an appointment - it's taken me three years since first appointment with Dr Brown (a long process of consultants leaving; new ones being appointed; losing my notes; not sending me appointments; etc etc - but almost six years since first approaching GP about WLS).
Sorry it's taken so long, but won't be long now!

Back