• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi from Cornwall

Welcome x

Update from me -

10 days on pre-op milk only diet

I came close to packing it in yesterday as I sat in mother in laws garden with the smell of her dinner wafting around added to the BBQ at sister in laws in the next garden which I was invited to, needless to say I didn't go over but my family, children and friends where there having fun and eating. It really dawned on me at this moment how things are never going to be normal again. Drinking/eating in a social setting that is. 'Them' never really understanding what or why I'm going through this. "oh but we all know you as big"

I know how close I am to the first hurdle now, but I can't help thinking how much harder it gets. I've felt constantly hungry and obsessed with food on this past 10 days. What if the op doesn't change this? It scares me and I get so ashamed of myself for being this way.

Anyway, just needed to vent this. Thanks for listening

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Bex, I "get it". I know that doesn't help, but I so get those fears, what if it doesnt change.

Am supposed to be attending a BBQ with my DS this weekend and I can't avoid it. I don't want him to miss out on things when he has already missed out on a lot with me being this way already.

Guilt feelings. Feeling ashamed. Hard to be gentle on ourselves!

If you want to chat anytime, vent or anything at all, please do give me a shout :)

You guys are so inspirational x

Thanks Kat, I admire you doing this on your own with your son. I have had a lot of support and am very lucky.

I don't envy your bbq! Will be hard work, I find the smell is much more alluring than the food itself (I gave in to tiger bread this morning, the smell was intense, broke off a very small morsel and put it in my mouth, very disappointing and spat it out). So just tell yourself you probably wouldn't enjoy it that much and it's so not worth doing!

Back