• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi there everyone, I'm new here and need a warm welcome :)

susielicious

Hi all
I'm new to the site and like it very much.
I am pre-op and looking forward to a gastric band very soon. Just waiting for my finances to be sorted and then I can make my mind up over which surgeon/hospital to use. So far I am stuck deciding between Spire Wirral and BMI Sefton. I would be grateful to hear any of your stories from these hospitals (only happy ones as I am struggling to sleep anyway:rolleyes:).
Has anyone been able to keep it a secret from everyone else? As this is what I am trying to do. So far the only people who know are My Hubbie, My friend at work and the man who came to survey the house to check we had enough equity (I know - a random stranger!!!) and of course everyone out there on the internet. OMG what am I doing??
Well thats me for a bit x
Sue

Hi Hun, welcome

I am fairly new myself and still finding me way round.. I from same area as you!!

Hi & welcome Sue ... good luck with your op when it is sorted :) There are peeps from your area who should be along soon xxx :)

Wow that was quick!!!
Thanks so much x x
Sue

Welcome Susie. There are some lively current threads around regarding what / whether to tell people that you should find interesting. I'm 5 day post-band opper, so all this is fairly new to me too, but loving it so far.

Consider the aftercare as top priority as this is key for a bander, you want flexibility re fills etc x

Has anyone been able to keep it a secret from everyone else? As this is what I am trying to do.

I did not think about keeping it a secret.. lol.. My family, work and friends know that I have been monitored for the past year and they all know that I am fat.. haha.. Also it makes it easier when I am out and about that I dont have people constantly saying, have another drink, have another burger or what ever. With them knowing, I find that I dont have to always explain why I am not eating or drinking like I used to.

So my answer is no... it is not a secret and all will know when I get my date !

But like all things, it is what is best for you !

Good luck .. just wondered, when you start loosing huge amounts of weight, what are you going to say to people? Something like... I found this really good diet... hehe..

Welcome! I am fairly new and everyone is lovely! I'm not from your area but im sue more will come along soon!! Good Luck x

Hello n welcome ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Well today I have news...
I telephoned spire Wirral and made an appointment with the surgeon for next Tuesday.
How exciting??
I have also started on the low carb/fat diet which is recommended, weighed myself and downloaded (yet another) calorie counting weight monitor to update daily.
I just hope that I can have my band before Christmas. Yippee!!!

Greet news good luck Hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hello y'all
I have news, good news. :)
I went to see the consultant and I now have a date yippee!!
Pre-op Friday and op monday 12th December.
I'm so glad I started the pre op diet last week ;)
Cool or what?
Sue

Nice to meet you. Good luck with your Journey xxx

Back