• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi there everyone, I'm new here and need a warm welcome :)

hi sue, and welcome.
i had a band in june. im in essex, so cant offer advice on hospitals in your area.
i have been selective about who i have told, though have told more people than i originally planned to!!!!
any questions ask away
Julie x

Great news on the op date Hun gl not long now ;) x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Im just sitting here thinking how quick it has all gone That makes me very happy :)
I have an appointment for pre-assessment tomorrow. I hope that goes well.
Still on pre-op diet and I have finally stopped weighing myself daily. Haha
Thanks for all my positive posts.
Sue

All the best with your surgery on monday , your soon be on that losers bench , :553:
I will be having my surrgery at murryfield in Jan 2012

keep us posted hun xxxxx

good luck with your op on monday x

Hi Susie,

I just saw this - i am new too and went privately for the bypass - just had it on 29th nov, i was very scared as i walked into the theatre, but things are going well, and seeing the pounds come off - so worth it

Debs xx

Ok then, today is the day.
I'm not worried or scared, in fact I feel quite positive. Strange.
I could just murder a cup of tea though :)
I'm just going to pop in to see my girls, who are still fast asleep then get off.
I am taking my phone with me so hopefully I will be able to let you all know how things go.
Later x
Sue

Good luck hun x

All done and dusted.
Still could murder a cup of tea :)
Came back from theatre at about 12. I was in a lot pot pain then and don't remember them giving me anything on the ward. I have had a lovely little snoreger for the last few hours. Just woke to the sound of the tea trolley but I can't have none :(
Might get up and get my pjs on x

Well done Susie!!! Hope you have a speedy recovery!! xx

Great news hun well dun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

fantastic susie, good luck honey :) xxx

Hi everyone
Today is day 2 post band op and I'm home and happy.
I slept well last night after having 2 codine phosphate tabs. I woke at 4.30am and thought about asking hubbie to pop downstairs to get me more but fell back to sleep.
Today I have eaten well
Breakie
3 spoons ready brek
Lunch
4 spoons chicken soup
1 yogurt
Tea
1 glass of orange
1 lolly ice
2nd tea
1/2 bowl of soup
I have had plenty of fluids but this is hard to fit in eating 4/5 times in the day.
I have not been to sleep today and have managed to do some washing. I will enjoy a more lazy day tomorrow :)
My wounds look good, I haven't dared to feel my port yet. Too scared it might hurt.
Anyway enough about me.
Sue

Great news well dun Hun ;)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Susie and North welcome you will find lots of lovely people here
I'm fairly new as well
Hugs
V

I'm going back to work tomorrow. Should be just a short day of admin and such x then off for two weeks. Lucky me.
Had a good day today
Breakfast
Half bowl ready brek
Lunch
Half tin chicken soup
Tea
2 blended sausages (nicer that it sounds)
Mash
Grilled tomato
2nd tea
Aero mouse
Muller light
Pomegranate lemonade (homemade not fizzy)
So not so bad
I can eat a bit more and I feel full sometimes.
I still haven't plucked up enough courage to feel for my port.
Wounds look good.
Bruise on arm from cannula driving me made its so deep and purple!!

Oh well on and upwards
And thanks for all your messages x x

Welcome to the losers bench. I am 9 weeks post op so any questions just ask :) u know u cam log ur food intake in the banders section also. Good luck in ur journey xxx

Ps no one knees of my band apart from OH and very much planning on keeping it that way. People can see I am eating less and more healthy plus with bands ur loss us more steady that with other surgery so hopefully no one ll have to know. Hth

Back