• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

honest answers only please

CharChar

So now that I am 18 days til my surgery.....
I need questions answered..

1. Did anyone feel this was the wrong choice right after surgery?
And once settled do u ever
2. Any signs of Santa leaving
: (
Hey this is m it 2nTte

Charlotte

Hi there and merry Christmas !!

To be honest, I went through the "what have I done" stage and there have been ups and downs along the way, but the ups side far Outways the downs and I can honestly say it's been the best decision I have ever made in my life. I started out my journey at 20 stone 11 pounds and this morning 8 months later, I weighed 11 stone and 2 pounds. Weight loss surgery has truly given me back my life.

Good luck with your journey and here's to a new you in 2012!!!!!

Never looked back since day of surgery for me its been positive all the way 6,5 months out and just short of 9st gone and a brand new me i cant believe this has happened so fast its truly brilliant...

I hugely regretted my surgery. It was pretty much the first thing i said when i woke up.

If you look through my threads you will come across my diary, its all in there.

And yea, it does pass. And things DO get better. I promise xxx happy xmas xxx

I think anyone who says they never had a "what on earth have I done?" moment is lying. I usually have it when I am retching when trying to swallow a pill. Sometimes too I wish I had my old full sized stomach back and could stuff my face, but then I look at the weight dropping off on the scales, look at myself in the mirror, 12.7 this morning!! and non je ne regrette rien.. I don't regret diddly.

Well ruthiep if your calling me a liar thats your choice but i will state once again ive never had a single regret or problem since the day of my surgery and ive never ever thought what have i done to myself even when i looked like sh.t after surgery i never ever regretted a thing all i could see was what the future was going to bring in terms of weight loss and now im almost at my target if yourself and others have felt that way during your journey so be it but dont assume we have all felt that way i for one have never had that thought.

Well ruthiep if your calling me a liar thats your choice but i will state once again ive never had a single regret or problem since the day of my surgery and ive never ever thought what have i done to myself even when i looked like sh.t after surgery i never ever regretted a thing all i could see was what the future was going to bring in terms of weight loss and now im almost at my target if yourself and others have felt that way during your journey so be it but dont assume we have all felt that way i for one have never had that thought.

whoa. OK. I'm sorry. I back down completely. I've never met anyone before who has never, at even a split second's thought, wondered what they've done. If you're telling me you haven't, that's great, and I apologize. I certainly didn't mean to call you a liar. Forgive me.:cry:

I'm only 7 weeks in and I'm a slow loser but I have never regretted or doubted what I've done or the money it cost me. I know that I have to be patient, I should take a bit more exercise and I really must totally cut out the biscuits and the chocolate but to date I am still really pleased with myself.

That's great Julie2, I can see I was very wrong to say what I said, I hope if Jed was offended, he can forgive me, as can you. I honestly thought that despite being pleased, everyone has a moment of doubt somewhere, but obviously I was mistaken. Apologies to all! After all it is Christmas!

my first words when i woke were what have i done and cried constantly! 5 months out today and sooooo happy xxx

I think anyone who says they never had a "what on earth have I done?" moment is lying. I usually have it when I am retching when trying to swallow a pill. Sometimes too I wish I had my old full sized stomach back and could stuff my face, but then I look at the weight dropping off on the scales, look at myself in the mirror, 12.7 this morning!! and non je ne regrette rien.. I don't regret diddly.

Feel free to call me a liar then. Those who knew me post op (and i dont mean on the internet i mean real life friends) know i have never had a bad moment. Even when barfing...

I have always loved my surgery.....

Feel free to call me a liar then. Those who knew me post op (and i dont mean on the internet i mean real life friends) know i have never had a bad moment. Even when barfing...

I have always loved my surgery.....

What is this? You ganging up with Jed against me? I have apologised for second guessing what other people are feeling, I have grovelled and said I'm sorry, I realize that some people genuinely don't have a moment's regret and I'm genuinely happy for you...and you are still referring back to that original post that I so regret making. Why is everyone so reluctant to accept I am SORRY I SAID IT!!!! ?? Jeeze.:sigh:

Ruthiep said:
What is this? You ganging up with Jed against me? I have apologised for second guessing what other people are feeling, I have grovelled and said I'm sorry, I realize that some people genuinely don't have a moment's regret and I'm genuinely happy for you...and you are still referring back to that original post that I so regret making. Why is everyone so reluctant to accept I am SORRY I SAID IT!!!! ?? Jeeze.:sigh:

Don't worry Ruthie. You have apologised and stood corrected. That's all you can do. Sometimes we make statements from our limited view and are perfectly happy to accept we were wrong. Well done for trying to apologise :)

Sorry peeps. It's Christmas. Let's all be friends :D

I hope I will be in the no regrets gang. But will have to accept if I am not. I can't wait to find out to be honest :D

Don't worry Ruthie. You have apologised and stood corrected. That's all you can do. Sometimes we make statements from our limited view and are perfectly happy to accept we were wrong. Well done for trying to apologise :)

Sorry peeps. It's Christmas. Let's all be friends :D

I hope I will be in the no regrets gang. But will have to accept if I am not. I can't wait to find out to be honest :D

Fuffs; thank you. I tried my best.

I've only just joined, and only made a few posts here so far but I'd hate to be in the middle of an argument already when I'm trying to apologize.

i KNOW im gonna have "OMG what have i done" moments, but i know i wont regret it when the weight falls off, i wish now that i cant eat things, i cant wait till its a reality :) good luck :) xxx

i KNOW im gonna have "OMG what have i done" moments, but i know i wont regret it when the weight falls off, i wish now that i cant eat things, i cant wait till its a reality :) good luck :) xxx

That's exactly how I feel.

Hello, merry Christmas to you.

I have to admit to being in the no regret brigade too! I have had a very easy ride, and consider myself very fortunate. Very little has caused me any problems so I guess I am lucky. However I do think that I am a slow loser and wish the pounds would drop off more dramatically lol.

Having said all that there are days when I just wish for a minute that I could have a huge 'stuff yourself silly' meal, but that is just what got me here in the first place! I am physically satisfied with small meals and am learning to adjust mentally too. Hope all is going well for you and that any regrets are few and far between.:)

I never said I had any real regrets, just that I had moments. I'm really happy I did this.

Back