• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

honest answers only please

What's dolmio sauce? Sorry to sound ignorant but I eat only kosher food and some of those sauces aren't kosher!

I never have protein plain anyway. Today I have a chicken and vegetables simmering in the slow cooker along with various sauces including apple sauce..should be an interesting supper!

Dolmio, as in bolognaise (dont know how to spell it), basically a well seasoned tomato sauce :)

X

Certainly not a single solitary second of regret or doubt from me, even when I was recovering in hospital. Best thing I ever did by a long way.

Ah thank you. I suppose there's a kosher version.. :)

The chicken in the slow cooker was soft and delicious. I couldn't finish my portion though. The veggies; no. Didn't work for me. Still having problems with veggies.

I did regret it in the first week i had it done but now im starting to see the weight come off i know it was the right choice for me,I think it was also the leap into the unknown and also it was a little bit like i was grieving my old eating habits.

All happy thought now.

Well I am sorry to say I have regretted my bypass . Yes I have lost weight , and do look better but I honestly don't feel it. I don't post very often and don't post negative comments as I don't want to put doubt in other peoples minds but if I am asked I do say that if I could turn back the click I would. I am 9 months out and hope that things will change for me in time . I can't change my bypass but hope to learn to live with it, sorry if this isn't what u wanted to hear I an just be honest with you and myself x

Hilary; it's fine; honesty is important not platitudes. Why in particular do you regret your bypass?

A number of reasons really, silly I know but I am am constantly worrying about food! Can I eat it ? Should I eat it ? Then will I regret eating it ! I don't dump as much but I feel very sick after most meals . My energy levels are very low , I am constantly told that I look ill . I still have around 2 stone to lose and so wish I felt well. It's not like the weight has dropped too fast it has come off quite slow and my skin has kept up so far . I had the bypass in the hope it would help me with my back pain and it hasn't I feel bad about moaning when I know so many have been waiting for surgery . I am one of very few who feel this way most are 100% happy as I'm sure you will be.

A number of reasons really, silly I know but I am am constantly worrying about food! Can I eat it ? Should I eat it ? Then will I regret eating it ! I don't dump as much but I feel very sick after most meals . My energy levels are very low , I am constantly told that I look ill . I still have around 2 stone to lose and so wish I felt well. It's not like the weight has dropped too fast it has come off quite slow and my skin has kept up so far . I had the bypass in the hope it would help me with my back pain and it hasn't I feel bad about moaning when I know so many have been waiting for surgery . I am one of very few who feel this way most are 100% happy as I'm sure you will be.

I understand. I'm nearly 4 weeks post op (sleeve) still struggling with food that gives me pain but it's definitely getting better all the time. Tonight I ate a tiny quantity of soft casseroled chicken that was neither mashed nor pureed and it was fine. I am still having problems with vegetables though.

Sounds like your doing fine ! I don't know very much about the sleeve but if you are ok on meat then I would think you will be ok with veg very soon. The only meat I can eat is gammon and sausage but I don't have sausages very often. I'm never sick but feel it for hours after eating meat or fish . I get my protein mainly from boiled eggs, gammon,prawns,beans and brazil nuts .

Oh regret was not the word at one stage! Beforehand I was naturally worried about dying but got through that knowing I could not go on as I was...I would die of a heart attack young at that rate.

After my op I had complications, in and out of hospital, in absolute agony and really thought I was slowly dying. Had to have a second operation and the next day was horrific...wanted to kill everyone around me, I was cursing ,myself for choosing to have the op and the medical staff. Then it all turned around, all my problems got sorted out and I have not regretted it for one second...I loved the freedom this Christmas of not wondering what to eat, no sick feeling for overdoing it either. As the saying goes...slim feels better than fat tastes! Although, I am actually still far from being called 'slim' but compared to last year I am! ;)

Emma and Hilary, thanks for both your honest posts. It is certainly good to see both sides of the spectrum.

I am glad everything is brilliant for you now Emma :)

I think everyone's opinion & experiences, regrets & joys are all as important as each other. Without them we would go into this expecting a beautiful rosey glowing success sadly that's not the case for everyone & we have to be realistic to understand what to expect good or bad.

penelope1008 said:
I think everyone's opinion & experiences, regrets & joys are all as important as each other. Without them we would go into this expecting a beautiful rosey glowing success sadly that's not the case for everyone & we have to be realistic to understand what to expect good or bad.

Well said Penelope!

I think many of us worry when we only see the good stuff! We are told about risks and complications and honestly, I am glad that you posted - I would rather go in with my eyes wide open.

Hiya
I had doubts before i started...lol once i was accepted for NHS funding last year january 2010, i had several bouts of sickness and diarreah with mega pains, was taken to hospital by ambulance etc, nothing wrong with me so rehydrated and sent home, i had read about 'dumping' and was so afraid of vomiting i cancelled the bypass procedures, but went through all once again when i got myself back on track, just one thing that p****s me off is i have so much trouble with my joints arthritis, had my left knee replaced 4 years ago and having trouble sleeping everynight due to pain, but having spoken with rhuematologist and pain clinic all they say is 'the gastric bypass should do so much for you etc etc' im beginning to feel bullied, i'm petrified of this surgery, but i so want my life back.... full of 'what if's' right now.... my husband and myself are going to a WLS support group in shoreham 9th january, hopefully talking with others that have been there done that hopefully will help.. so yes i've had my doubts before even having the surgery....

Yvessa said:
I think many of us worry when we only see the good stuff! We are told about risks and complications and honestly, I am glad that you posted - I would rather go in with my eyes wide open.

I am the same as you. I got a bit worried at one stage thinking there must be people this isn't as good for. Why aren't they posting?

I also like to know what the real possible downsides are. Rose tinted glasses off and making a decision based on the harsh reality :)

Hi, I think there is very few who truely regret so keep reading this forum because I know there is so many who have had great results x happy new year to you all x

I wasn't sure whether it was right choice for me till the last minute, when my injection was done and I been asked to go to the theatre and lie down on that bed.I was ready to say something like: sorry,but I changed my mind , etc, but I'm really happy that I didn't as this op has changed my life and at the same time hasn't changed it completely. I'll try to explain, I have lost 7 stones in total from my first appointment at hospital, I feel much more confident about myself (I've even danced at my work's Christmas party last Thursday),I look better and have more energy just in general.My food taste hasn't changed,I can eat everything what I did before my op just MUCH less (inc naughty stuff,which I'm not happy about).
I knew before that this op will be just a tool,but I realised it only recently.
Straight after my op I did regret it very much for about a month as I never had any surgeries(and to be honest wasn't mentally ready for it) in my life before and I kept thinking that I chose to have one without a proper serious reason when surgery needed to save life.Now I understand that I probably saved it my having this op. There are no regrets left today.I feel like my much better quality life just begins.
Hope you understood my brilliant English,lol xx

Thanks for all the feed back everyone.
I know in my heart something like this needs to happen.
I have prayed a out it and done SO much research.
I just know its going to make me healthier, more confident and most of all a good example for my lil 3 year old daughter, and to be here for her and guide her.

Charlotte

Back