• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how long did you stay in hospital for post-op laparascopic gatrsic bypass

petshell

Hello!
I know people are different and so is therie healing process, but I am wondering what peoples length of stay in hospital was post laparascopic gastric bypass. Especially interested in those who had surgery at Homerton
Many thanks
Shelley

I was admitted on Wednesday afternoon, had my Bypass on the Thursday Morning, and was aloud to go home at Lunchtime on the Saturday. 3 days in total.

i went in 6.00pm on the monday night and was released the following monday morning!

Went in Fri lunchtime, had my op at teatime, then came home sunday lunchtime:D:D

Wow...some speedy recoveries from you guys. Hope I'm not in too long either

Thank you for your replies. Hopefully my surgery will be June July time (well sooner if I could!).
I am a nurse who HATES hospitals. The last two operations i was in for less than 48 hrs way ahead of others.
I get very stressed by the loss of control I have in hospital -not sure if that makes sense.
I will have to learn techniques over the next couple of months.
On the other hand I cant wait for the op x
Shells

I was told to expect a 5 day stay when I go in Thursday. I am having my operation on Thursday but I don't know what time. I have to get there by 9am, so maybe I'm second?

I would like to be discharged by Sunday. No likey hospitals.

Back