• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how long from beginning to end

My GP appealed my case in August this year and my surgery is tomorrow so 3 months. But before that I did 18 months of Tier 3 and the got refused so it depends how you look at it I guess.
Im in Portsmouth :)

Referred Oct 2012
Got funding November 2012
Got on surgeons list December 2012
Op date March 2013
but due to pancreatitis it was postponed til
April 2013 to have gallbladder out at same time but due to high risk of infection the bypass was finally done June 2013
I live in kent but op was in London at Chelsea and Westminster.
8st gone so far x

Hiya!! I'm in the good old north east and it was super fast! First information seminar 23rd of Jan.... And I was sleeved 7th of may! So 15 weeks or nearly 4 month depending how u look at it!! I was super motivated and stuck to my pre op diet religiously which in turn meant I lost my required weight really fast! With my team the more effort u show the more they do! In my surgeons words "lets get u done as fast as we can and you can get on with living your life!!" Which I most certainly am, 6 month check this week and 8 stone down!! Woohoo!!!! X

so far its been about 13 months and my op should be a month and a couple days away now

Even in the same region it can vary too.

I had no other health issues whatsoever besides my weight which made me a 'safe bet' for having my op at a hospital that had theatre space but no A&E department.

I went on the list in Dec 2012 and had my op late Feb 2013 while a friend with sleep apnoea went on another list late Jan and was due to be done this Friday - but has deferred it.

I was referred on April 1st and my opinion is November 21st. So 7ish months.

i was referred in august to birmingham had my seminar and first consult with surgeon in october and they say surgery should be end feb beginning march

mines been put back as they need more investigations into my blood works from the past so wishing i lived elsewhere now as cant even get the bloods til january

I was first referred in 2011 but was refused due to 'not trying enough by myself' despite trying many many diets, orlastat, exercise etc.. Was then referred to weight management but the first attempt I was struggling with depression so had to put it on hold. Was re referred to weight management, and also for gp referral for the gym. Start the gym in feb, weight management in May - finished in August and was also referred for bariatric surgery at the end of August. I attended the seminar on the 21st of November, and I have an appointment to meet the surgeon on the 11th of December. At the seminar I was told I was looking at 4 months from the 21st to have had my op by. So, fingers crossed, I should have had it by the end of March!! Also, I'm in sheffield :)

Kirsty

Back