• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How Long From Referral To Op?

SerenadingAngel

Hi there
I know everyone's journey is different & the timescale is different too....

How long did you all have to wait from the 1st referral from your GP to the actual op?

xx

Hello :)

I think I was lucky, I waited from January and my op date came through for next Tuesday, 28th.

When I went for my pre-op, though, they said that a little while ago I would have waited at least 3 months, but things have changed in Bristol recently so things are being moved through quicker.

Where are you in your process for surgery?

Leila x

Hi,

That is pretty quick... Hope mine is as quick. My doctor sent the referral this week. I've been wanting to ask for a while but with having a baby only 5 months ago I thought I'd get turned down. I lost 4 stone last year before I got pregnant n I've put it all back on. :(
I still don't know what to expect as a time schedule got everything.
Good luck with your op, I'll keep a look out for your progress.
Xx

Fingers crossed, think it has just been a bit of a fluke in Bristol, as things have changed with funding and operations nearby. Hope it comes quickly for you :)

Thank you.... The doctor that referred me said that a few have come through quite quickly for her of late do fingers crossed it'll be just as quick.
What happens in the pre op assessment? I've not been fully told anything. X

Thank you.... The doctor that referred me said that a few have come through quite quickly for her of late do fingers crossed it'll be just as quick.
What happens in the pre op assessment? I've not been fully told anything. X

Pre-op assessment for me was just blood, ecg, mrsa swab, height, weight, blood pressure. Filled in some questionnaires. Then met the pharmacist who talked through medication before/after, and the nurse who talked through what I could do when - food, driving, exercise, weight lifting (wanting to be muscly!) Nothing to worry about ,

Leila x

Not as bad as I was expecting then. Lol

Thank you for putting my mind at rest. I'm shocked that my doctor didn't give me any other info than 'I'll refer you to have the band' I seem to be relying on the Internet for information.

Thanks again.
Tassha. X

It sure seems to be.
I will do hunni. Thanks.
Good luck next week. Keep me posted on how you get on. I'll be thinking of you. X

mine has taken nealy 5 years from first seeing the gp and asking about surgery but it worth it i have my op in just over 1 week and a half

theres no point in worrying hun, its like the postcode lottery, good luck and yes keep us all posted

Fingers crossed.
I've tried diets, tablets ect this is the last option i can see. but the doctor said he would refer me so that's a start. xx

Back