• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much should i eat?

Too much fat can cause a kind of dumping, but not the shakes/dizziness/racing heart kind. Instead for some it causes stomach/bowel symptoms including urgency, the runs, cramping and bloating. However, far less people are affected by fats than sugar.

General guidelines are no more than 5g total fat per 100g, or for small servings no more than 15g total fats.

You'll learn your own fat limits through trial and error. Personally I can (and have to) eat fat till it's coming out of my ears lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Its definately trial & error with fats, somedays I can eat something & other days I can't. There is no rhyme or reason to it IMO... yr body will let you know very quickly!

Lol I am sure it will all fall into place but I hate trying to work out new things. The one thing I have really missed is bacon is there room in a pouch for that over time :)

I have a fear of being if sick so I really want to avoid it at all costs but so far so good x

I've only been sick once & tbh it wasn't an unpleasant experience, its not like being sick pre-op but yr body really will guide you & if you listen to it you'll be grand. x

Thanks I just hope I can hear it cos that's one of the main reasons I am in this mess!! I think that's why I am stressing so much xx

I suppose there isn't much in the stomach to bring up so that's a bonus xx

I was exactly the same pre op.... could stuff myself silly, had absolutely no indication of fullness!! Its different now tho!

Not so much food & its not come into contact with bile either so its just the same as when it went down! :eek:

That's good that you can now tell but. Eww it comes back up the same lol

Bacon should be fine in a few weeks, just chew it well and eat slowly. I hated being sick pre-op, not a fear as such but would be in tears each time. Now, it's like a lady like little wet burp lol. I had norovirus lately and even that was fine. No bile so no sour taste/burning and no partially digested food either. It's mostly saliva.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

That's sounds good being all lady like when chucking up lol my fear stems from being violently Sick as a child and I couldn't breathe scared me so much I thought I was dying

And ooh yummy bacon I can't wait!

I had bacon tonight :D I had one slice of wholemeal bread and 3 thin rashers of smoked bacon, had brown sauce in the bread (no butter) I ate most of it and it was yummy! I rarely have bread but I am alright with a slice of wholemeal now and again :D XX

Ooh I am soooo jealous lol I hope I can tolerate bread but if not toast will have to do

Deb, it's tastes great too... I've been having the weight watchers bacon, but have been ok with ordinary bacon without the fat... in small amounts... Deb... it's not so bad is it love!

Haha... love and hugs xxx

No too right a little of something naughty can't hurt eh lol

I used to use ramekin dishes in my early stage as a good measure of portions. Muffin silcone trays are good too for freezing a ramekin size portion, freeze in the tray, then once frozen tip into freezer bags.

Trust me at that stage yr body will definately let you know if its too much. x

this is exactly what ive been using all week arent those silicon trays fab for freezing.

its all trial and error as i have discovered this week. but i have managed on various days corned beef and potato, fresh salmon and cauliflower , home made soups and beef stew all in tiny quantities but can honestly say i have enjoyed it. :p

Thanks all I have using ramekins but filled one up tonight with mash mixed with philedelphia corned beef and tinned spaghetti it looked disgusting but tasted yummy lol and I ate it all I did feel quite full afterwards too. So that's a good sign yes??

I have rated this thread excellent because I think its important that we can read how you experienced ladies coped when you were learning how to pamper your pouches lol.
So thanks for starting this thread Deb.
I am going to use ramekins too as they seem to be a good measure of what amounts you should be able to eat.
If I have an oxo cube, how much should I have at a time? I cant manage a whole cupful and ewwwwwwww don't like cold oxo.
Lynne xx

Back