• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How often do you weight yourself?

AA1234

I know many times in the past I have weighted myself everyday when on a diet. I don't know why but I just have. Now I weighed myself yesterday morning and want to try and hold off until next Monday before I weigh again.

How often do you really weigh yourselves? Can you hold off the temptation to weigh more often?

I am only on day 2 of pre op diet so have a long way ahead of me.

I am still pre surgery but like you I weigh myself every day I think it is a phsychological thing with people who are overweight, and for some who arent!
It reassures me that I am not putting on more weight and it is a bonus if I have dropped
However I know that your body makes around15ltrs fluids a day when you are eating normally to help digest and recycle food so you weigh differently all through the day..........but dont think it will be that much having had your op
It is a bad habit and one we all need to stop
I am sure there will be someone along who has had their ops who will be able to tell you more about their feeling to continual weighing and whether they still feel the need to do it

Love n hugs Jay xx

HiYa,
I am a Bad Bad girl lol:ashamed0005: and I REALLY know I shouldn't do it, But I can't help myself and HAVe to weigh myself every morning. I know This is not good for my mental Health and I really do need to stop it,
Ideally You should weigh once a week and I know this,But I have done it for so so long I just can't help myself, It is not healthy to weigh yourself every day. and Hopefully one day Very soon, I won't feel the need to. Its just so damm hard Not too, and thats My Honest opinion. I'm a Bad Girl.:ashamed0005:

Hi fat girl slim I think you are absolutely right I cannot imagine just stopping weighing myself even when I have had my surgery and I think it is probably part of the healing process for us when we are able NOT to do it and be confident enough that we are okay

I long for that day!!!

Love n hugs Jay xx

I have had my family hide the scales and now only weigh once a week on the machine in boots...Im keeping my little printout tickets so I can see how much weight I have lost and as a little memento :)

I wont go in there at weigh myself other than once a week as I used to be on and off the scales 10 times a day and its just no good for you mentally

I am of the mind that scales are a bit evil. I know people who post-op torture themselves with daily weigh-ins. Women retain fluids 2x per month (during ovulation & menstration) so you can see a 'gain' and panic. All bodies retain fluids when you have had high salt or even after intense activity. For these reasons, daily weighing can cause distress and panic. You have to be in charge and not let a scale impact your happiness. With that said I usually weigh once per week.

Sometimes (like this month) I participate in the weight loss challenge in the main part of the forum, then I will weigh every couple of days. However, I don't worry if the weight doesn't move or if I see a tiny gain. It just means that I make sure to up my water intake and forget about the number. Once you can have a healthy relationship with your scale you can weigh every day and not get upset by what it says. Without a healthy relationship, though, you should step away from the scale for a while. Maybe only weigh every 2 weeks.

Repeat after me 'Scale, you have no power over me!!'

Nic:p:p:p

Lol Phatgirl,
I totally understand, At first It would really get to me if I never lost a lb or if I stayed the same Or even put on a Lb, But now in all honesty, I don't get down about it as I weigh myself in Lbs and Ounces, and Somedays I stay the same, but the ounces are less and I know in a few days or the end of the week I will drop that lb so I don't worry like i used to. Also I know That My weight loss is slowing down now and soon it will stop and I am prepared for that. Then it will be the matter of maintaining.

I am totally with PG on this one. Why torture yourself wth daily weighing? Even lollipop heads like Posh will weigh differently on different days!

I am like Wanda, once a week at Boots and keep my printouts! I think it is a more realistic record as over a week you can reason what factors may have caused the result.

i to am a self confessed scales addict, i do weigh daily, but weight can fluxuate up and down on a daily basis and that can effect how people feel if it goes up, once a week is the best thing to do, but i cant do that.

if anyone ever tried to take my scales off me id have to kill them haha !:copon:

I have taken the batteries out of mine....LOL

I use Boots scales once a week and sometimes I forget.

Scales work to motivate some and demotivate others. I think its when it becomes an unhealthy obsession you have to be careful.

I think it is great to be able to weigh in boots once a week got to be much healthier, maybe when I have had my op I will banish the scales, they are getting old anyway, and start as I mean to go on and weigh weekly at boots Now even the thought of that has made me feel better lol

Love n hugs Jay xx

if anyone ever tried to take my scales off me id have to kill them haha !:copon:

Lmao me too Liz,
Like Cazbandy says" Scales work to motivate some and demotivate others.
They really do motivate me.

I am terrible and I no I shouldnt but I do it every day and I keep saying to myself NO MORE I am now gonna hold of till Saturday morning then weigh myself then hopefully only on a Saturday

I am terrible and I no I shouldnt but I do it every day and I keep saying to myself NO MORE I am now gonna hold of till Saturday morning then weigh myself then hopefully only on a Saturday

I say that eveyday lol but it never happens:p

I have stopped going to morrisons where I got a weekly print out for my records and I invested in a set of scales for home but always forget to use them. I use my clothes as a guide and then thick I will hop on and weigh myself...I no longer see them as something to fear which I did for a very long time...xx

My name is Corey and I'm a scales-a-holic! I fall off the wagon every morning at 6am (just after I am been to the loo as that tinkle could weigh an ounce or two) and I get back on the wagon at 6:05am, it usually takes 5 minutes as I have to move the scales around the bathroom and do the best of three. If you take my scales away from me - I will hunt you down....................

My name is Corey and I'm a scales-a-holic! I fall off the wagon every morning at 6am (just after I am been to the loo as that tinkle could weigh an ounce or two) and I get back on the wagon at 6:05am, it usually takes 5 minutes as I have to move the scales around the bathroom and do the best of three. If you take my scales away from me - I will hunt you down....................

Lol...love it chick you made me smile...xx

lol to corey's post thats fab!!!

i am also on the pre-op diet and have had to weigh myself every morning tbh it is the main thing that is gettimg me through the pre-op seeing the pounds drop off!! im like corey first thing in the morning i have a wee then step on the scales! but after my op i will be getting them hidden and only weigh myself once a week!

Back