• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How often do you weight yourself?

i starte out weighting every day but now i feel so much more comfortable with my size/weight i am only doing so 2-3 times a week mainly to ensure that i am doing things right and noty putting weight on, i do not get irrate if i do not see a loss, it just means i need to up my exercise and ensure i cut back a little on the carbs

I have the old fashioned sort of scale with a dial and if the result isn't kind... I figure the guage must be wrong.. cue... me bending down for ages to fiddle with the dial..

That and going for a wee first... sometimes sneezing first...

We could probably write a book on scale etiquette between us ...!!

I have'nt weighed myself today I forgot and I've started my pre op diet so I will do it tomorrow and then hopefully the day before my op and then going to try and weigh in once a month. Don't know if I'll stick to it once I've had my band but I sure am going to try, so I see a good result rather than a lb or an ounce here and there.

I have the old fashioned sort of scale with a dial

me 2 i have the dial type i got salter scales same as my gp has ! this digital scales crap is rubbish !!!!!!!!!

i weigh myself every morning to keep an eye on things but i weight myself once a week in boots and keep the printout as they read the same as hospital scales so thats what i call my official weightloss i do the home ones to make sure im doing what i should be

No more than once a month. This was esp. important during the losing phase so I didn't see high highs, low lows or plateaus.

Nowadays, I still weigh about once a month as I still hate the scale and prob. always will.

tee hee hee ... which Boots Corey? I'll stand guard... no-one will see past me..

YoYo
x

I have had real problems in the past of weighing several times a day so now the scales are hidden and I just get weighed when I go to the Weight Management clinic. I must admit that with dial scales I always leaned on my left foot as I believed this made the result better. I've never told anyone that.

Leaning to the right is just crazy talk! If you lean to the left surely the numbers go down as they move clockwise!:D

Well I gave in. I was going to try and last the week. I started Pre op on Monday. The only time I had been weighed before that was at the consultant visit a few weeks ago.

So from Monday to this morning I have lost 6lb yey me!! I think some of this is down to the 3 mile walk I am doing at full pace every evening. Does anyone know how long after there lap band op were they able to go out for walks?

you can go for walks as soon as you feel up to it as its the best thing for recovery and shifting the trapped wind.

Im terrible and weigh myself every morning, Its soooo frustrating to see the numbers go up but I cant help it and I know the logistics of fluid and that. But yet I cant stop doing it

Back