• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i really am pathetic!

rachaelh

not once have i thought for a minute that going in for this op is anything other than a necessity and yet here i was tonight sitting bubbling like a baby watching my 22 month old running around like a loony singing away to the wonderpets (something she does every day without fail) as it hit me i won't get to see her or her crazy dance moves after she goes to nursery in the morning until monday at the earliest, then the bleak thoughts started creeping in about what if i dont wake up, etc etc its stupid i know i'm on here every day seeing everyone go for ops and come back and i'm really not scared about dying but i'm just having a wobble i think, doesnt help that i have to go into stupid work tomorrow when i'd planned the morning around the bambino but never mind :cry:, i'm just rambling again, one more sleep and i'll be admitted i'll get to see some of you tomorrow night at the srh meeting so please give me a slap!

Big hugs Rachael...... I am sure you will be fine x x x

I felt just like you the day before my op. I was much more scared the day before than I was on the actual day.... Until they took me down to theatre and I started having a panic attack! I told them to just put me to sleep asap! Makes me laugh thinking back now!! They must have thought I was a nutter!
I think you're experiencing completely normal feelings and I'm sure there will be plenty if others along to tell you the same.
Good luck with your op. I'm sure you'll be just fine. Xx

I know exactly how you feel, you're just having your wobble the day before. I was sat on the trolley waiting to be wheeled into theatre, I suddenly went icy cold and panicked. Never in the last few years have I had any doubts until that minute. I so nearly pulled out. I just thought to myself, What the hell am I doing! I was thinking up ways to tell them I had changed my mind! I took a deep breath, looked down and thought, is this how I want to live for the rest of my life! I then pushed all the doubts aside and I am now 4 days post op with NO regrets. Remember, you are doing this for you and your little one. Good luck love.

not once have i thought for a minute that going in for this op is anything other than a necessity and yet here i was tonight sitting bubbling like a baby watching my 22 month old running around like a loony singing away to the wonderpets (something she does every day without fail) as it hit me i won't get to see her or her crazy dance moves after she goes to nursery in the morning until monday at the earliest, then the bleak thoughts started creeping in about what if i dont wake up, etc etc its stupid i know i'm on here every day seeing everyone go for ops and come back and i'm really not scared about dying but i'm just having a wobble i think, doesnt help that i have to go into stupid work tomorrow when i'd planned the morning around the bambino but never mind :cry:, i'm just rambling again, one more sleep and i'll be admitted i'll get to see some of you tomorrow night at the srh meeting so please give me a slap!

rachael i dont have any little ones or big ones for that matter. but i know how you feel i'm no where near my op date and am in two minds about canceling. Just think of all the fun times you can have with your little one after. i really do feel this op is not just a second chance for us but also our loved one. Your normal to have felt like this so ramble on. wishing you all the luck for your op and your recovery. Your in very good hands SRH team are the best ;)

ps thats a shame about work, wouldnt they let you have the morning xx

It is a hard journey hun BUT your starting a fresh new life and next year you will be running around with your little one getting ready for an amazing Christmas looking and feeling STUNNING!!!!
I was terrifide before my last op and was 27st and came through fine so you will be in safe hands.
Sending you a huge hug and loads of love
((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))).xx

Ditto what everyone else has said ... a last minute wobble is entirely normal & who wouldn't be a bit emotional ... Wonderpets :eek:
Seriously though Rachael ... I nearly cried on my neighbour's shoulder the day before my op just because she was really nice to me ... I do a lot of her cleaning as she is quite elderly & she bought me some flowers. She didn't know I was even going into hospital so to say she was a bit taken aback is putting it mildly. Emotions are a funny thing & even when you think you have it all under control, they rear up & prove you wrong. :( You will be fine & even home before you know it enduring even more Wonderpets, lol xxx :):)

thanks so much everyone i really appreciate it, i know its just me being silly but its one of those things i guess, part of it i think was me being p'd off with work for making me come in when i should have had a whole day to get ready but never mind they still don't see it as major surgery and are expecting me back a week friday... ha fools!

thanks so much everyone i really appreciate it, i know its just me being silly but its one of those things i guess, part of it i think was me being p'd off with work for making me come in when i should have had a whole day to get ready but never mind they still don't see it as major surgery and are expecting me back a week friday... ha fools!

Well they are going to be disappointed then, aren't they, lol ... wonder how they would feel if someone rearranged their insides :):) xx

[/COLOR]

Well they are going to be disappointed then, aren't they, lol ... wonder how they would feel if someone rearranged their insides :):) xx

maybe we should have a go lol or tell them to go lie down on the road and tell us how it feels to be hit by a bus. im sure the pain is very similiar x

maybe we should have a go lol or tell them to go lie down on the road and tell us how it feels to be hit by a bus. im sure the pain is very similiar x
i'll drive!!! lol

go for it caren x

well if we get caught am sure we'll lose weight in prison haha. xx

You're far from being pathetic, you're just normal. We all get scared and ponderous as our date approaches, it would be strange not to consider the what ifs............

Trust me not only will you make it through OK, the new life you and your little one will have will be infinitely better once you have taken this fantastic opportunity for a new and healthy life x Good luck, not that you'll need luck you have a great team on your side x

Racheal it was nice talking to you tonight at the group. I know how you feel my little one is 4 and those thoughts have crossed my mind more than once. but keep reading those posts of all the inspirational people on here who have been there, had the op and bought the smaller T shirt. this time tomorrow you will be a POST OPPER honey, Good luck and let us know how you get on. xx

Good luck for 2moz Hun ull be fine wishing u a fast n pain free recovery xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

You'll be fine x

Back