• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I think I am the only one!

yes this is me can go all day without eating at work bit once I get home the toaster goes on while that's doing it's time for a biscuit then after the toast a fridge raid!!!

currently focussing on having 3 meals a day no snacks really hard but getting there

but yes you are not alone

goofy07 said:
yes this is me can go all day without eating at work bit once I get home the toaster goes on while that's doing it's time for a biscuit then after the toast a fridge raid!!!

currently focussing on having 3 meals a day no snacks really hard but getting there

but yes you are not alone

That's what I'm trying to do too it is very hard lol Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

I was exactly the same thats why I needed my bypass. For food addicts like me, will power just doesnt do it!

Food is an addiction just like alcohol and drugs, why should we been expected to have masses of WILL POWER when drug and alcohol addicts get help?

You are not on your own, we are all the same. That's why we are part of this forum Hun.

We do need to excersie some will power but all need help on the way..

Xxx

im the same too but ive just started my liver strinking diet i have 3 weeks till my bypass i started at 8 this morning and already its killing me just wanna eat food but i know i have to do it for my opp x

im the same too but ive just started my liver strinking diet i have 3 weeks till my bypass i started at 8 this morning and already its killing me just wanna eat food but i know i have to do it for my opp x

Good luck sweetie. I did my liver diet over Christmas. Hardest thing I have ever done. But if you want the op, it's a small price to pay at the end of day.

All the best and stay strong, you are nearly at the winning post now.

X

I used to be the same. Wouldn't bother me all day not eating then wham bam of get the shakes in evening and stuff myself! I didn't care about portion size just fullfillment.

FAO MUM21BABA are you coming along to the support evening tonight at the spire 6.30-8pm?
See you there and say hello if you are :)

I dump but it's a bit like childbirth you say "never again" but you do ! I don't eat alot of the bad foods but I'm a sinner and think I always will be.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I think you're very brave to post about your eating habits. I know I only ever talk about them/post when they're good. Otherwise I don't talk about them and silently, (but not so stealthily) gain weight. after being really good on christmas day/boxing day I ate everything in sight up until about two days ago just could not get back on track. Put on nearly a stone (loads of water weight). Suddenly just snapped back into place. I also find when I'm good, I'm really good and when I'm bad I'm horrific.

Haha, well you are also honest and being honest with yourself is half the battle won ! Yes I wish I was better and I read all the post from the saints and ask myself why can't I be as good as them but of course I could I am just choosing not to . 99% of the time I 'm good and I have excepted that sometimes I slip. good wishes to you and I'm sure your be fine x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

We all eat, or have eaten junk food rather than proper food, that is why we are fat! I was under the belief that chocolate was the 6th food group...I can polish off a packet of Oreo's before the kettle has even boiled, it's far easier to graze on high sugar and fat all day, that's why we do it... however help is at hand, I would really recommend reading 'The Emotional First Aid kit by Cynthia Alexander'; I started it a week ago and have not felt this satisfied with myself in a long long time. I feel positive and motivated about what's to come when I finally do get my op. However in the mean time I have managed to stay away from crap for a whole 7 days and have lost 3kg!! I am now salivating at the thought of a packet of Oreo's
xx

OOnion said:
We all eat, or have eaten junk food rather than proper food, that is why we are fat! I was under the belief that chocolate was the 6th food group...I can polish off a packet of Oreo's before the kettle has even boiled, it's far easier to graze on high sugar and fat all day, that's why we do it... however help is at hand, I would really recommend reading 'The Emotional First Aid kit by Cynthia Alexander'; I started it a week ago and have not felt this satisfied with myself in a long long time. I feel positive and motivated about what's to come when I finally do get my op. However in the mean time I have managed to stay away from crap for a whole 7 days and have lost 3kg!! I am now salivating at the thought of a packet of Oreo's
xx

Oo never heard of that, defo my next read! Lol xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Unfortunately I don't dump. I had my op almost 8 weeks ago and tested myself with a biscuit last week, went down a treat, no side effects :(
I was never a saint,I just loved uncut bread, toasted with lashings of lurpak. Sandwiches, haribo, jelly babies, pasties, pies scotch eggs, pork pies etc. I would have something to eat while cooking some dinner, then I would be at the cakes, biscuits and hot choc. I didn't get to almost 22 st living on 3 meals a day!

mum21baba said:
My eating habits are disgraceful and although we all have issues with our food, I feel that I am the only one whose eating is soooo bad.
On a bad day, I would probably skip breakfast, skip lunch and then by 15.00 be starving hungry and dizzy and then completely binge on fatty or sugary stuff. I will then continue snacking all evening, sometimes even skipping my evening meal. I eat rubbish all the time and I am really really struggling to break the habit. I know that having this surgery isn't going to cure this and that I have to have the will power to do it myself. Everybody else on here seems to eat large portions rather than the crappy food and I am worried that I am the only one in this situation :cry:

Sounds exactly like me!

Back