• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I Thought Exercise..........

vanilla-cupcake

....................was suppose to release these so called 'feel good' endorphines:banana dancer:

Just did 25 minutes on my treadmill and im bloody wrecked :whacky068: will do another 20 minutes after dinner this evening but it really doesn't make me feel good......just wrecked and sweaty!!

I really only get that 'feel good' feeling after doing Body Pump, I must ring THG to find out when I can go back to my gym classes, I absolutely love the class, you really should check out if your local gym holds them, you'll love it, its hard work but leaves you feeling brilliant afterwards

What exercise makes you feel good?

I too question the absence of the 'feel good factor' post exercise - I swim then come home and collapse and sleep for at least three hours. My nutritionist says that if exercise was a chore before then it probably will continue to be!

I can't remember the last time any form of exercise made me feel good! LOL I'm hoping when I start losing weight it will be easier, but at the mo its just a trek to walk into town. I have to travel across london once a week for work and i always feel good after that like i've done something, I must be the only person who enjoys commuting!! LOL

Hi there,

It will happen, it's dependant on pace and length of the exercise.

Cardiovascular for over 30 minutes can induce it, but it does not happen for everyone.

It's getting past the burn and the pain, once beyond that, it can also kick in.

I did a five mile walk the other day and for the first couple of miles I was fine, then the middle mile got painful but I kept on pushing, it's only pain and can be worked through, then the last couple of miles I flew, as the chemicals flooded me.

The more you exercise the easier it becomes and you will get to experience the "high"

Good luck with your exercise...and remember although we should enjoy it, its also there for one reason and one reason only, to burn fat...:D

I never in a million years thought that I would love exercise. But now that I am lighter and see the weight come off I LOVE IT!!! I only go jogging and use the wii fit but last night I managed 4K and I felt soo good after. Yes I was knachered and sweaty but that soon passed (after a shower) and I felt really good.

For me it is not just the exercise but looking at the scales the next day or so.

Well done on managing 25 mins on a tread mill - how far did you go? I would never have managed that. I have only just progressed from power walking to jogging. YOu go girl!!!!!

Ive just this second come back from the gym and a swim and I was thinking the exact same thing. The only time I get this feelgood factor is when the scales move down hehe :)

Ive just this second come back from the gym and a swim and I was thinking the exact same thing. The only time I get this feelgood factor is when the scales move down hehe :)

just got back from the gym myself, 45 mins on the bike, another 450 calories gone, all but 11 miles, was a sweaty wreck, but peversely i do absolutely love it, been fri, sat, sun, mon and today, everyday now till i'm off into hospital

i do sometimes get it but usually when iv done a full hour on wiifit iv not been able to do anything but walking for last 3 weeks since having my skin graft go back tomorow for all clear cant wait to get cracking again

i do sometimes get it but usually when iv done a full hour on wiifit iv not been able to do anything but walking for last 3 weeks since having my skin graft go back tomorow for all clear cant wait to get cracking again

What do you do on the wii fit, have you tried the new 'Sports Resort' yet, its brilliant

I have to say -that unless I really push myself and build up a real sweat (over 45 mins of exercise) then I don't feel the effects.

Once I have pushed myself passed the brick wall then I start to get a buzz. Strange I know!!

just got back from the gym myself, 45 mins on the bike, another 450 calories gone, all but 11 miles, was a sweaty wreck, but peversely i do absolutely love it, been fri, sat, sun, mon and today, everyday now till i'm off into hospital

I live in Leeds too! What Gym do you go to? I go to the Virgin Active one on Kirkstall road

I hate gyms and excersize doesnt do anything for me Would rather go on a long walk

God i hate exercise, well apart from sex and swimming

:D i dunno about you girls, but Sexercise is much more fun lol ;)

thanks kate i will persuade ryan he NEEDS one for his birthday lol x

I hate gyms, everyone looking don their snotty noses at you beause you're larger than them. This is one of the reasons I bought Jake (horse) because when I'm out with him I have'nt a care in the world. I'm wrecked when I've done but feel good that I've actually done some excercise. If you can find an excercise you love like I do, then no matter how kn*ckered you are you will have enjoyed it and be up for more. Good luckxx

i used to love the gym, doing a workout on what I wanted, timing myself then off for a shower. Id get home refreshed and had the energy to clean the whole house. :D

Im hoping Im getting a wii fit for christmas, I have banned us getting another games console in the house but seems we have relented and got the kids a Wii all packed for christmas, so told the hubby I want some gold and a wii fit board lol.:p
Are they really that good??

I have a pump it up dvd stashed too, good songs on it but I was buggered after the warm up :rotflmao: so I put it in the rack
Ill be diggin that out.

Stick at it yummy, dont count how many you are doing as I think thats demoralising, count yourself in minutes, like ill just do another 10 mins, those endorphines will kick in at some point im sure
Good on you for exercising too:D

Back