• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm HOME!!

I was exactly the same, forcus on the fluids esp so early on, did ur provider give you pain meds in liquid form ? hope the gas goes soon, mine was the worst but thankfully it went around week 3 but obvs everyone is different so just hope urs in earlier as it is uncomfortable, keep walking around, drinking plenty and relax as much as poss x

I was exactly the same, forcus on the fluids esp so early on, did ur provider give you pain meds in liquid form ? hope the gas goes soon, mine was the worst but thankfully it went around week 3 but obvs everyone is different so just hope urs in earlier as it is uncomfortable, keep walking around, drinking plenty and relax as much as poss x

Thanks Danielle I've been doing some walking and relaxing. My Dr gave me pain meds in liquid form but I feel like they aren't really helping much it takes away the pain momentarily. I have been trying to force myself to eat but as always I'm so full this feeling of fullness is a huge discomfort. I'm able to eat things but I never finish anything which doesn't bother me but what bothers me is this uncomfortable full feeling. Hope this all passes soon.

For two weeks that's what I felt, I was eating but I felt full all the time, I made myself eat really had no real hunger. Just a full swollen feeling. Yeh to be honest the pain meds paracetamol didn't do anything for me, no real pain from incisions more from the rolling wind up into my rib cage. I just kept walking and I also tried peppermint tea aswell to get the wind moving. The fullness will get better and you will feel a lot better soon, I found week 3 was my turn around. my first week was spent feeling rather sorry for myself and feeling quite emotional, my second week the wind was awful but my moods had got better and the painfull full feeling , week 3 wind had gone and I felt a lot better, forcused on making and freezing meals. week 4 I started to notice food a bit more, wouldn't say I get hungry as such. I am now week 5 and have one more week of puree then I start softs. Good look drod, chin up :) it really does get better x

For two weeks that's what I felt, I was eating but I felt full all the time, I made myself eat really had no real hunger. Just a full swollen feeling. Yeh to be honest the pain meds paracetamol didn't do anything for me, no real pain from incisions more from the rolling wind up into my rib cage. I just kept walking and I also tried peppermint tea aswell to get the wind moving. The fullness will get better and you will feel a lot better soon, I found week 3 was my turn around. my first week was spent feeling rather sorry for myself and feeling quite emotional, my second week the wind was awful but my moods had got better and the painfull full feeling , week 3 wind had gone and I felt a lot better, forcused on making and freezing meals. week 4 I started to notice food a bit more, wouldn't say I get hungry as such. I am now week 5 and have one more week of puree then I start softs. Good look drod, chin up :) it really does get better x

Sounds good I guess patience is what I have to practice in this case and keep a clear out look in this situation. On the plus side I've lost 20lbs already so that's a blessing in disguise..

Definitely drink peppermint tea if you haven't already. Make sure you concentrate on water over thicker consistencies, you will be able to build up to more and more as time goes on. Don't be in a rush with it, take it nice and easy. Tiny sips are the key. I had struggled with pain for 2 weeks after surgery. Not really bad but very uncomfortable. My surgeon gave me soluble codeine and paracetamol. I found that helped a lot.

Definitely drink peppermint tea if you haven't already. Make sure you concentrate on water over thicker consistencies, you will be able to build up to more and more as time goes on. Don't be in a rush with it, take it nice and easy. Tiny sips are the key. I had struggled with pain for 2 weeks after surgery. Not really bad but very uncomfortable. My surgeon gave me soluble codeine and paracetamol. I found that helped a lot.

Thanks Shelly for the advice I have to practice on tiny sips I'm so used to always eating in a rush and that's a bad habit I have to break. I also notice I gulp my drinks I have started trying to sip the liquids I drink so maybe that will help a little. I wanted to know if any of you experienced tiredness,exhaustion,and being non social?

I also wanted to know does the liquid diet count as not drinking half an hour before or after a meal? I have been drinking and eating my broth without waiting the half hour since its only liquid any suggestions?

Oh yes absolutely. I was very tired and anti social for quite a while after the surgery. You have to remember it is major surgery and your body is doing all it can to recover as quickly as possible. Lack of food and carbs will make you feel tired too but that will build up gradually again. Get as much rest as you can and take gentle walks. I didn't go back to work for 8 weeks post surgery as I had a physical job but even people who are at a desk all day would struggle to go back before 2 weeks. So that shows you that it does take some time before you feel like your old self. Give yourself time and you will be feeling better soon.

Oh yes absolutely. I was very tired and anti social for quite a while after the surgery. You have to remember it is major surgery and your body is doing all it can to recover as quickly as possible. Lack of food and carbs will make you feel tired too but that will build up gradually again. Get as much rest as you can and take gentle walks. I didn't go back to work for 8 weeks post surgery as I had a physical job but even people who are at a desk all day would struggle to go back before 2 weeks. So that shows you that it does take some time before you feel like your old self. Give yourself time and you will be feeling better soon.

Thanks for the heads up I'm feeling very anti social and I don't even want visitors I guess that will all pass too in time.

Yes, no drinking with meals - and that will apply for the rest of our lives. Also, the whole purpose of the WLS is to use the energy stocks we have accumulated so there is no need whatsoever to 'eat' if we are feeling full. For you, just keep up the fluids and sip them not gulp them. Not eating for a few weeks will not kill us, but remaining morbidly obese (as I was) most certainly will! The less new kcals we consume, the quicker our weight will drop and the sooner we can celebrate our new life where WE are in control, not food!!

There is no point at all whatsoever in us going on the journey if we stick to old habits of drinking with meals which stretched the stomach and continue eating even if we feel full. We should rejoice at the loss of the stomach hormone which drives our hunger and enables us to go all day without needing to eat. You are only a few days post op so your head-hunger will pass - and when you have lost a significant amount of weight hopefully you will want to be sociable and show the world what you have achieved.

Yes, no drinking with meals - and that will apply for the rest of our lives. Also, the whole purpose of the WLS is to use the energy stocks we have accumulated so there is no need whatsoever to 'eat' if we are feeling full. For you, just keep up the fluids and sip them not gulp them. Not eating for a few weeks will not kill us, but remaining morbidly obese (as I was) most certainly will! The less new kcals we consume, the quicker our weight will drop and the sooner we can celebrate our new life where WE are in control, not food!!

There is no point at all whatsoever in us going on the journey if we stick to old habits of drinking with meals which stretched the stomach and continue eating even if we feel full. We should rejoice at the loss of the stomach hormone which drives our hunger and enables us to go all day without needing to eat. You are only a few days post op so your head-hunger will pass - and when you have lost a significant amount of weight hopefully you will want to be sociable and show the world what you have achieved.

Great I started to do the 30 mins before and after even though its broth and I feel a Lil better. I see this takes alot if getting used to its only been a few days so I know this will take a life time of getting used to. I cleaned the house a Lil today I know I shouldn't but I can't stop from doing my daily chores it was light work of course nothing major. I also went for a walk. I suppose the pressure I feel is just my stomach and insides falling back into place Lil by Lil.

Great news! It's hard - you are doing a good job, and I'm pleased you are feeling more comfortable x

I'm in Week 5 and experimenting introducing solids. Trial and error - the latter (error!) not being too pleasant TBH! :-(

Great news! It's hard - you are doing a good job, and I'm pleased you are feeling more comfortable x

I'm in Week 5 and experimenting introducing solids. Trial and error - the latter (error!) not being too pleasant TBH! :-(

So what solids are you eating ? Are you experiencing discomfort with the foods?

Yes, it is quite hard. I'm only on Day 5 of more solid food and am ok with toast (crusts removed), but bread is a no usually. Am ok with some light fish like Plaice or Bream. Florets of long-stem Brocolli. Cottage cheese. Scrambled egg. These are just examples.

Foods I've had problems with are carrots and courgettes (both with skins removed), plum tomatoes, pasta (I bought the tiny one for soups but still didn't work). The frequent sickness is something to prepare for.

I find my tastebuds are super-sensitive and flavours I enjoyed before are not that appealing now. And the quantities I can manage are minescule - only a few teaspoons at a sitting.

Obviously I can still eat the soft foods I was on during Weeks 3 and 4.

it sounds like you are doing amazing drod, even if you don't feel like it at the moment ... every day is a step towards feeling better and stronger. keep sipping, resting and patting yourself on the back. Little walks are great and everything else can wait. If you need to be snappy - may I recommend watching jeremy kyle? I enjoy a good shout at the telly and it always makes me feel better.... xxx

it sounds like you are doing amazing drod, even if you don't feel like it at the moment ... every day is a step towards feeling better and stronger. keep sipping, resting and patting yourself on the back. Little walks are great and everything else can wait. If you need to be snappy - may I recommend watching jeremy kyle? I enjoy a good shout at the telly and it always makes me feel better.... xxx

Thanks witchin I guess I just have to be patient that's all I haven't gotten surgery in so long I forgot how long the healing process is. Lilac thanks for the info I see what type of foods I should stay away from when I do finally start eating regular food. I've heard that before that your taste buds change that's kinda sad but I guess it's for the best if you were to still like the old stuff you ate you would gain weight again. I know a few folks that went through the surgery and still look overweight then there are those who lose a tremendous amount of weight... Which one do I want to be ??? I think the second one sounds good to me... :)

hi lilac I am just a few days a head of you I had my bypass on the 3rd of july and I am still on puree stage, go on to softs for few weeks and then by week 8 I should be introducing solids, I was just wanting to ask if u don't mind, did u slowly over the week introduce softs and solids after puree ? or just try it and see how it goes ? just starting softs soon and didn't know whether to start adding bits in ? x

hi lilac I am just a few days a head of you I had my bypass on the 3rd of july and I am still on puree stage, go on to softs for few weeks and then by week 8 I should be introducing solids, I was just wanting to ask if u don't mind, did u slowly over the week introduce softs and solids after puree ? or just try it and see how it goes ? just starting softs soon and didn't know whether to start adding bits in ? x

Hi Danielle. It's amazing to find out the different routines and timescales our various providers give us. In answer to your question ... I'm struggling a bit with more solid consistency right now (am Week 5, Day 5 today), so for two of my three meals am sticking to what I know works for me, and the third meal is an experiment which is usually a bit hit and miss. I've had no issues with my recovery from surgery or healing, but textures are a bit challenging, and the sickness is a total drag. It'll get better in time I'm sure x

Back