• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm new here

klc34

Hi All,

I'm new here, but I have a gastric band op booked for the 9th May 2015. Really scared!! I am on the pre-op diet at the moment and doing fine. Really scared I'm doing the wrong thing. Any advice from anyone would be great.

Welcome, I am sure you will find all the information you need on this forum. Best wishes for the pre op diet and beyond

Welcome to the forum :) It is scary, that's totally natural, but it's also quite exciting :) There's lots of helpful info on here and diaries that are worth a read to give you an idea of what happens post surgery. I had a bypass nearly 3 weeks ago and so far it's a positive experience for me. Wishing you all the best :)

Hello and welcome to the group!

Thank you for your replies. I have read a few and they seem really positive. I'm just hope I'm doing the right thing. A lot of people have had a bypass which seems very successful. I'm just hoping I don't have any complications like band slipping or something!!

Me too

Hi,

I'm booked in for a band on the 18th of May 2015, and like you im very nervous.
Hoping I'm doing the right thing...I'm now wondering if I should have the bypass rather than the band......I've got 8 stone to lose...the surgeon felt the band would be better for me. any thoughts?

Hi Klc and strawberry looker, sorry I can't help with your concerns as I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'm new here but I won't be having surgery until August. Just thought I'd say hello x

You can too easily freak yourself out by focussing on the negative stories. But there is loads of positive stuff out there, but we tend to gloss over that. All operations carry risks - with a band it really is important to follow the rules laid down by your provider, they stipulate them for good reason!

Back