• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm shocked!!!

farzu

I went out for shopping today with hubby . The only place i find my 24 size comfortable dresses is in Evans. I have only 2 small size mirror in my house and all these time i only saw my face. when i went to the fitting room for trying out some cloths i was too shocked to see my big fat body in the 3 way mirror :cry:. I never ever felt so down in my life. i can't stop thinking how fat i have become in last few months. Nothing looks good on me anymore. i bursted into tears while returning home. :cry:

Oh Farzu I am so sorry you are feeling so down. It is hard looking at yourself warts and all. I hate looking at my fat belly too it makes me feel so disgusted with myself. The only thing we can do is eat healthily until we have our ops. My thoughts and hugs are with you Farzu.

Jay xx

Hey honey.
I know how it feels to see your reflection and feel awful. But you are at the start of your journey and you can change if you want to. It's all there for you to achieve. Don't be sad. Treat yourself to an evening of pampering, get a good night's sleep and go out there tomorrow with a full face of makeup and a new will to succeed.

Take care

Ellie xx

I know what you mean Farzu... I hate the way I look anyway, but those 3 way mirrors you get in changing rooms are horrendous.

Be positive though. You are trying to do something about your weight. Have you had any news on your referral for WLS yet?

(((HUGS))) I am so sorry. I avoid mirrors at all costs because of the same reaction. Don't beat yourself up. You are making strides in the right direction.

Don't be sad, beauty is inside you and you seem like a very beautiful person to us. xxx

Soon you will start to lose weight and that will give you more confidence. x

Thanks e1, i'm still trying to forget what i saw in there but i'm very very upset. i didn't buy anything and rushed home. My hubby was asking me what happened but i just couldn't speak. My appointment with the surgeon is on the 21st July, just one month from today which i am looking forward to. I have started taking metformin for my diabetes and its going down well.

please dont be sad your taking positive steps forward with wls to change your situation, which is a good thing xxx

Hey Farzu

We all go through it so we know how you feel, I have to say though, evans mirrors are particularly harsh, which is odd as you'de have thought they would want their clothes to look more flattering :sigh:

The mirrors in New Look are much kinder!

i always think the mirrors in Evans are the worst in the land. i dont know why but they seem to be much harsher than other shops! because of my pcos i have a lot of facial hair so i dont EVER look in a mirror any more. i hope i will be motivated enough to have my face waxed every four weeks when i'm slimmer

I went out for shopping today with hubby . The only place i find my 24 size comfortable dresses is in Evans. I have only 2 small size mirror in my house and all these time i only saw my face. when i went to the fitting room for trying out some cloths i was too shocked to see my big fat body in the 3 way mirror :cry:. I never ever felt so down in my life. i can't stop thinking how fat i have become in last few months. Nothing looks good on me anymore. i bursted into tears while returning home. :cry:

hi, I find it hard to believe your a size 24, at 216lbs are you not a size 18/20? Im 212lb's and a size 18 so should you not be similar?

I know exactly how you feel, thats how I have felt for years and thankfully its all coming to an end this Saturday, I cannot bloody wait, bite the bullet and do something about it before you get any bigger, I know if I didn't get the surgery this week I would be so much bigger come Christmas cos I just love my food too much!!

We would spend about £30/£40 a week on take-aways which is absolutely disgraceful and the money we will save on that is paying for my Lapband and my husband says it is worth every penny as I wont be moaning about not being able to go out anymore, he is so looking forward to us going out at the weekends with me dressed to kill and happy!!

I'm very short as well so i always wear size 24 as i can't sit properly with size 18/20. My belly come out more which looks really odd. at first i thought the mirrors in evans are magnified and everything looked very big.

Back