• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Totally broken (not 'wls' related)

Am I the only person who is offended by this comment? Am I a strain on the NHS too as they are funding my operation?

Quite frankly, Farzu posted this thread for advice on her housing situation, and some people have ignored her predicament and instead questioned her motives for being in the UK.

Farzu has stated that she has been here 5 years, has a visa, is a student and looking for work. She is not illegal. She is not "scrounging" benefits she is not entitled to.

Could we try to be a little more supportive please.

Sam up until you post i have read this thread with my jaw on the floor.

I know why you love the job you do and it just shines through here.

faruza hope you get sorted

carole

Last edited:
Thanks topsy and goodmorning sarah, i am doing fine today, the landlord brought another man to stay in the house last night (may be illegal) very dirty. He kept the lan phone to his room all night for which we solely pay the bills. feeling a bit uncomfortable with the situation.
this does not sound good honey please contact C.A.B asap and get your self and hubby to a better place.all this stress is not good for you or hubby x x x xx x x x

Farzu

Im not totally clued up on the Benefits system but if you have a National Insurance No and you have been paying contributions and taxes whilst working then I see no reason why you are not eligible for Job Seekers Allowance and Housing Benefit - if they are taking from you then they should give back - get yourself to the CAB quickly. Your landlord sounds to me like he is behaving illegally and you could report him to the authorities.

Afternoon Farzu (thought it was morning doh, just got up lazy moo)

In Tower Hamlets there is a Homeless Options and Support Team (HOST) They can advise you on your rights, they may also be able to refer you to the Rent deposit scheme, so if you can privately find somewhere to rent but do not have the deposit they can help with that.

How to contact us

In the first instance, it is best to telephone us. We will take brief details and advise you of how we propose to deal with your situation. If you cannot telephone, then we will see you at our office.
Homeless and housing advice services
Albert Jacob House
62 Roman Road
Bethnal Green
London
E2 0PG
Tel: 020 7364 7474
Fax: 020 7364 7222
Email: Expose Email
Open: Monday - Friday 9.30am - 4pm

If your husbands is being treated for is ill health you may qualify for temporary accomodation

Homeless support

If we cannot prevent you from becoming homeless or are unable to find you a new home, then we may provide you with temporary accommodation if you are in one of the following groups:
  • <LI class="">you have dependent children <LI class="">someone in your household is expecting a child <LI class="">you are a child aged 16 or 17 <LI class="">you are under 21 and have been previously ‘looked after’ or fostered between the ages of 16 and 17 <LI class="">you are vulnerable due to old age, mental illness, physical disability, institutionalisation, or some other special reason
  • you are homeless due to fire, flood or some other emergency
I understand it is difficult for you to report your landlord as he is a relative from what I gather but you when you speak to the HOST team you just need to explain that 1, you have no income at present. 2, you and your husband have ill health. 3, you are not safe in your current situation with strange men turning up and staying.

I know through friends that your CAB office is very very busy, so I would advise you ring them before you turn up

Citizens Advice Bureau
32 Greatorex Street
Bethnal Green
London

E1 5NP tel: 0870-126 4014

Last edited:
Thanks ladies, One more thing i would like to ask about CAB before calling them. Is their service only for british citizen's or just anyone? I'm comfused by the name.

Swizzlestick, I found out that my old Manager from argos is now working in another store so i am going to all her for help.

Hi Farzu
I'm just back from hol and have been catching up on your post. So sorry you are having such a difficult time but it looks as if you have been given some great advice. Sorry i can't help cause the scottish system is different to the english one but i really do hope you get it all sorted out xx

Thanks Allie, I'm trying my best and the support i'm getting here is unbelieveable.

Hi Farzu

As far as I know the CAB provide their services to anyone. One of my work colleagues has been to them regarding an immigration issue with his brother.

One thing I will say though is ring them and make an appointment you can turn up but they get soooo busy. They are a very much needed and used service and Im sure they will be able to help you and your husband.

Maz x

Hello dear, thanks for the reply. I did spoke to my GP about weightloss before but not about the surgery. I 'was' a student but now i am am not. I didn't have any problem living in the uk for last 4 nad half years as my husband was working. i have mentioned in my post that he is sick and not working for last 6 months.
I didn't know that if i am sick and can die any time, i still need to think about the financial strain on the NHS. Thanks for advicing me that dear. I am also not able to claim any benifit and don't even want to do that. My husband and I paid NI and Taxes for last 5 years.

Well you have absolutely nothing to worry about then, do you?...Good luck 'dear'!

~hugs~

I don't always understand the 'tone' of the comments lol... may be thats why it never hurts my feelings.

I don't always understand the 'tone' of the comments lol... may be thats why it never hurts my feelings.[/QU

You have something to LOL about? And it does not hurt you? Well you are a tougher person than I am!...Because the tone of the comments made here are clear to see and have broken my heart Farzu.

No more...........please!!!...leave it be.

We know this Farzu but we don't want you to be upset and get hurt - we just want to protect and support you x

Thanks topsy, I can understand that. I am still here because of the support i got from you all. The weight is heavier on the 'help' side rather than the 'silly talks' side.

I don't always understand the 'tone' of the comments lol... may be thats why it never hurts my feelings.[/QU

You have something to LOL about? And it does not hurt you? Well you are a tougher person than I am!...Because the tone of the comments made here are clear to see and have broken my heart Farzu.

No more...........please!!!...leave it be.
hi snow crystal i did not find anything wrong with what you wrote at all were all trying to help.so big hugs and try not to be broken hearted x x sarah

I hope it all gets sorted out for you soon Farzu - your situation seems pretty intolerable and the sooner you and hubby move to more suitable accommodation the better. I wish you luck and hope you hubby gets better soon. Good luck with contacting your old boss. Zxx

Last edited:
Hi i am not sure but in my doctors surgery on the wall it said that if you do have cancer you are intitled to free perscriptions and a certain benefit maybe worth looking into i hope this helps good luck and keep your chin up you will move on and upwards sometimes it just takes a little help from others who can help .

hi i am not sure but in my doctors surgery on the wall it said that if you do have cancer you are intitled to free perscriptions and a certain benefit maybe worth looking into i hope this helps good luck and keep your chin up you will move on and upwards sometimes it just takes a little help from others who can help .

correct info.....if u have the big "c" u r entitled to free prescriptions and benefits..whilst receiving treatments.......

All the best -mejulie xx

Thanks ladies, One more thing i would like to ask about CAB before calling them. Is their service only for british citizen's or just anyone? I'm comfused by the name.

Hi Darling, Glad to see that the majority of people are still trying to be supportive.

The CAB is a charity. You are perfectly entitled to contact them. In fact, if you ring before you go they can tell you whether they deal with immigration issues at that bureau and if not, which is your nearest bureau that can help. Dont be put off by the name. Anyone can use the service. I have very close contact with CAB through my job so I am confident when I say this. CAB will only give you advice and perhaps complete paperwork for you. They are not giving you money so you have nothing to worry about.

Can I ask you is your husband British? I hope you dont mind me asking. Obviously he is entitled to NHS care, regardless of his nationality, but if he is British, he should have recourse to public funds - ie Benefits.

I'm so sorry to hear that your husband is poorly. If his illness does turn out to be cancer, then the others who have posted are correct that free prescriptions are available to cancer patients - but ONLY if he has recourse to public funds. Otherwise he will unfortunately have to pay.

Have you had a chance to look at the links I posted yesterday morning. Turn2us may help you with grants and trusts WHICH ARE NOT PUBLIC MONEY SO ANYONE CAN APPLY. Also you should definitely speak to shelter for housing advice.

Just one last thing. Someone mentioned ( I think it was Caroline) that you should be entitled to benefits as you have worked. This is not correct I'm afraid, although I do appreciate that Caroline was only trying to be supportive and offer advice. You MUST NOT apply for benefits whilst you are subject to immigration rules. You will put your application to remain in the UK in jeapordy just by applying.

Ive got everything crossed that your housing situation can be resolved soon hun, and that your husbands health problems are not too serious, and also that you are able to find work soon. xxxx Big hugs

Back