• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

In Agony

any news Kate xx

Hope you have got something sorted out xx

Hope you're okay Kate, not seen you about at all. Fingers crossed for you.

Hey hope you're OK and feeling better honey

Hope you are feeling better soon x

Hope you are ok Kate, let us know if you can. My gallstones only showed up on a scan too so if you are still suffering, maybe you can ask for one? Severe pain shouldn't go untested. Hope things have improved xx

Hi sorry I've not been around. I didn't know anyone had been asking after me. I've not been at all well to be honest. Dr thinks I've got gastritus and hopefully not gall stones as evidently my gal bladder is on the opposite side to the main area of pain. She has put me on omeraprazole for 2 months which should fix it. I lost 41b over Christmas :eek: It seems to have sorted it self out pretty much now and I'm starting to feel a lot better. I did end up in A&E and they gave me an xray and blood tests to make sure I didn't have anything stuck but they were all clear so that's good. I've also been very down lately and the Dr has given me a change of anti D's which I think are kicking in a bit now so I'm hoping to be back to my normal self soon. Sorry I've not been around.

I did have my 1 year check up today with the bariatric nurse and she is absolutely delighted with what I've achieved. Even gave me a hug. I've lost over 100% of my excess body fat now. She asked me if I'd like to be referred for plastics as I would be perfect for it. I said I thought I'd already had my moneys worth from the NHS and she told me off. She said my husband and I have both paid into it, and I should think about all the money I've saved the NHS from future treatments, prescription drugs, tests, monitoring etc etc etc. She felt I really deserve it. So, I am being referred. Not sure I'll get it but wont be heartbroken if I don't. As I said, I already feel as if I've won the lottery.

Love Kate x

Hi Kate,

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better. Fab news on the plastics as well. :)

Take care and hope the gastritis is resolved as soon as it can be.

Best wishes,
Sharon

Thats brilliant pleased you are improving you certainly have been missed by a lot of people. I had sites of gastritis when I had endoscopy thats why I nhad to have a second one done after 6 weeks of meds sorted it out though and then after second end put me on the list for op. My tummy plays up from time to time when it does buscopan helps me out a bit. Mine tends to be left side always just above tummy button but round to left hand side. Still have troubles with toilet at times to, looks like problems like this are more common than we think. So pleased its not gallstones xx

Glad things are being resolved with meds & hope that sorts things finally for you. I have omeprazole daily as I have to take paracetamol & ibruprofen for fibromyalgia pain & if the osteoarthritis flares. I do my best not to take them very often but if things get to bad especially at night I do give in. The omeprazole protects my pouch but as I say I take them daily & the painkillers as limited as I can manage.

Oops meant to add great news re the plastics referral nothing lost if they say no but a great opportunity if they say yes, then you can decide once you've spoken to them if you want to go ahead or not until the ops done the money's not spent so see what you feel if they say yes & go there.

Good to see you back Kate.I really feel for you. I'm poorly too and waiting to go in to have gall bladder out and a blockage removed from a bile duct. Most of my pain is on the 'wrong' side too ! Was in hospital for over a week at Christmas and they confirmed gall bstones, gall bladder infection and bile duct blockage so at least I know what's what !
Hope you feel much better soon and to see you on here more often.
We did miss you hun xx

Hi sorry I've not been around. I didn't know anyone had been asking after me. I've not been at all well to be honest. Dr thinks I've got gastritus and hopefully not gall stones as evidently my gal bladder is on the opposite side to the main area of pain. She has put me on omeraprazole for 2 months which should fix it. I lost 41b over Christmas :eek: It seems to have sorted it self out pretty much now and I'm starting to feel a lot better. I did end up in A&E and they gave me an xray and blood tests to make sure I didn't have anything stuck but they were all clear so that's good. I've also been very down lately and the Dr has given me a change of anti D's which I think are kicking in a bit now so I'm hoping to be back to my normal self soon. Sorry I've not been around.

I did have my 1 year check up today with the bariatric nurse and she is absolutely delighted with what I've achieved. Even gave me a hug. I've lost over 100% of my excess body fat now. She asked me if I'd like to be referred for plastics as I would be perfect for it. I said I thought I'd already had my moneys worth from the NHS and she told me off. She said my husband and I have both paid into it, and I should think about all the money I've saved the NHS from future treatments, prescription drugs, tests, monitoring etc etc etc. She felt I really deserve it. So, I am being referred. Not sure I'll get it but wont be heartbroken if I don't. As I said, I already feel as if I've won the lottery.

Love Kate x

So glad you've posted that all is on the mend.... fingers crossed and glad you're feeling better.

and well done on your check up and achievements. :)

Good to see you back Kate.I really feel for you. I'm poorly too and waiting to go in to have gall bladder out and a blockage removed from a bile duct. Most of my pain is on the 'wrong' side too ! Was in hospital for over a week at Christmas and they confirmed gall bstones, gall bladder infection and bile duct blockage so at least I know what's what !
Hope you feel much better soon and to see you on here more often.
We did miss you hun xx

Good point, cos mine was, at times, all over my chest in one big pain... awful. hope you get your op really soon :(

Love Kate x

Good to hear from you Kate hun..It's been a nightmare this past 6 weeks or so for you :(

Hope all sorts itself out real soon for you.
Take Care

Andy x

Hi Kate :) just caught up with your post x take care and good luck with plastics and really well done for everything you've achieved xx

Awww thanks everyone. I feel really special with all these replies. I'll have to go missing more often. All seems ok at the moment so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hoping it doesn't come back or I'll have to have an endoscopy and I hate them. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Kate xxx

Back