• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

In Response

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
I am really sorry but I feel I have to respond to the "cancel my account" thread started by Cherry. I respect the fact that the thread is closed and have no wish to re open any annimosity. I haven't been around for a while (hands up to that) and the longer I leave it the less people I know. But for those of you who know me, you will know I have never been anything but supportive and tact was my middle name when it came to disagreements. That's why I feel strongly enough to respond and I hope the moderators who know me will respect why I have to. I saw some of my friends banned from this site, and some allowed back and that's why it both upsets me and angers me to see personal insults being thrown at members of WL Journey and indeed the site itself. It wasn't that long ago some of you were decrying this very site with a passion after being banned! We are all individuals, some of us like sugary and sweet, some of us like the direct approach, does that make either of the approachs wrong? I don't think so. As individuals we will disagree and have different opinions given our personalities but what is so wrong is when it becomes personal insults. This site gave me a fantastic start to my journey both pre and post op and I received valuable advice. It is a well established site and has been around for a good number of years, so it is unfair to compare it to a relatively new site that takes a different approach which obviously has a lot less members than this one. Surely we all have one thing in common and that is the difficult journeys we have faced/still face as obese people that society see as second class citizens. Surely it doesn't matter what site we belong to or how it chooses to run as long as every individual receives support and information then surely that is what is important? Can I please re iterate that this is not to start any argument in fact quite the opposite. Thanks for reading xx

Back