• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Initial loss in first month.

dreamofbeingslim

Can't wait for next appt
Hi everyone, I know everyone will say we must not compare ourselves to others but was just curious. How much did everyone loose in their first month after the op?

I lost 1lb under 4st in the first month but I was nearly 32st to begin with.

I lost 21lb in the first 4 weeks but I've not lost anymore in the last 10 days. It keeps going up 1lb then dropping 1lb which is quite frustrating but I'm also on my period at the moment so that's probably why.

I lost 8lb's the first week and then 4-5lbs every week since the op x

Oh and plus i have an underactive thyroid

I lost 30lb in the first month, but have been a fairly slow loser since then compared to others.

You're right, its impossible not to compare to others, but be aware this is YOUR journey and you will lose at your own pace.

I lost 10lbs on my pre op & then in the first four weeks after my surgery I lost another 20lbs.

My losses have never been huge after that, but I must say that my initial dissapointment with that has gone. If I loose 1lb a week now I'll still be a happy bunny x

Hi Sharon

This is my weight loss record so far:

01 Jan 2009 325 lbs (start weight)

01 July 2009: 300 lbs (pre-op) (- 25 lbs)
01 Aug 2009: 294 lbs (pre-op) (- 6 lbs)
01 Sept 2009: 290 lbs (pre-op) (- 4 lbs)
01 Oct 2009: 284 lbs (pre-op) (- 6 lbs)
01 Nov 2009: 279 lbs (pre-op) (- 5 lbs)

01 Jan 2010: 283 lbs (pre-op) (- 4 lbs)
01 Feb 2010: 275 lbs (pre-op) (- 8 lbs)
01 March 2010: 271 lbs (pre-op) (- 4 lbs)
01 April 2010: 260 lbs (2 days post op) (- 11 lbs)
01 May 2010: 246 lbs (-14 lbs)
01 June 2010: 236 lbs (-10 lbs)
01 July 2010: 221lbs (-15lbs)

I've lost between 10 and 15 pounds a month so far. It's not as much as some people manage, but I'm really happy with it.
I do have to keep in mind that I'm fighting my age and the fact that I had already been dieting for the year before my op! So the losses were never going to be as dramatic as some.

It's all in the right direction, though.

Hi Sharon

You do get fixated on the numbers we're only human and you read my diary so you know I'm Mrs Fixated. I lost 24lbs in 2 weeks and then stalled for 3. Like Sam I'm a slow loser usually 8lbs a month only 1 month at a stone. Plus I have had some major stalls throughout and like Jan being older and having lost a lot previously it hasn't been so fast. I'm looking forward to seeing your weight come off fast or slow and will celebrate with you at whatever speed. Good luck for Day 2 pre-op

M

Good luck for your second day on the pre op, I am right behind you, start on Sunday :)
Thinking of you, you are doing so well hun ;)

Thank you Gill. I think that you have done really well and I will be more than happy to follow in your footsteps.

Thank you M. I will try my best not to get fixated with the scales but I can't make any promises as I have been on the scales 4 times since yesterday morning lol. Luckily everytime I have got on they have shown a loss. Fingers crossed that keeps happening but maybe I should try and cut down on the hopping on and off.

Thank you Jan. You are so going to be great at this and I want to wish you luck for Sunday when you start your pre-op.

Hi Sharron,
I lost 23 pounds in the first 4 weeks post-op but had lost 40 pre -op too x
Good luck with everything, how's the pre-op diet going? x

Thank you Leanne. It is going well although today I do feel hungry but trying to stay away from the kitchen. I will not give in, I will not give in, I will not give in. If I say it enough times I will definately not give in. lol.

Back