• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

its all lead balloon

sicknote

hi everyone x

I'm feeling really low today and not very well at all, i'm trying really hard to get a grip on this weight loss journey but everytime i feel back in the driving seat i crash a few hours after :( x i actually think its now making me ill (nervous wreck) the things i'v done to get this far and i'm starting to feel that the day of surgery will never come, i'm now an ex smoker (by choice) and i done this in preperation for the day of life changing surgery, my cigs was a tool of combat and now i have none :( so i joined this site in the hope of online friendship,support and advice x iv only told a handfull of family about my choice for surgery therefore feel as tho im lying to my close friends when they tell my i look stressed and whats the matter! i can't begin to tell you what a horrible 16 months iv had, just need more information to help me get a handel on this process, if anyone can help i would really apprechiate it :wave_cry: x many thanks for reading tc x

Last edited:
Hi Sicknote

Sorry to hear you are feeling so low.

If you can get there, there is a support group meeting in the function room at the Brewers Fayre at the Hop Farm, Paddock Wood, this Thursday starting at 7.30pm.

May be there would be people there who know what is happening in your area as these PCTs seem to vary so wildly!!

So very sorry to hear you sound so low, Sue has put details of a local meeting to you, try and get there as I'm sure if you have like-minded people around you it will help, I hope you get someone near you that you can meet up with this will also help x

hi x thankyou for you reply, do i have to be a member?
or can anyone go? i'd love to come but would want a friend to come with me as id be so nervous on my own, iv lost all my confidence since this weight gain and illnesses, the joke of it is i use to be a public community support worker (hands on) for disabled and the elderly!!!!!!!!!! now i cant put my own clothes on :cry:my life has really took a turn for the worse lol x

Hi

I believe anybody can go.

The lady who was telling me about it (I used to live up that way and it's someone I am still in touch with) said that she went to the last one and took a friend with her and everyone was very supportive.

She's just text me to say that you don't have to go in via the pub, you can go in through the fire exit off the car park straight in to the function room.

She also said she was as nervous as anything and almost turned the car round and drove back out of there but is glad she went. she can't go this week and is gutted as she said the support was fabulous.

Very sorry to hear you are very low if you join Sam's May Challenge it might help you to focus on the weight loss and the supports of others on that thread will help just to know that you are not alone on this journey.

Here is the link below for the May Challenge

http://www.wlsurgery.com/monthly-weigh/136716-may-challenge-just-fun.html

Also below is a link to the diaries here and reading them you will see others have felt anxious and stressed out as well at times but over all you will find them very uplifting and motivating.

http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-diaries/

Well done on being an ex smoker, that is a wonderful achievement:happy096:

I missed that bit. Yes, well done!

Being an ex-smoker myself I know how difficult giving up is - and I just did that, not the weight loss as well. I take my hat off to you! x

Hi

I believe anybody can go.

The lady who was telling me about it (I used to live up that way and it's someone I am still in touch with) said that she went to the last one and took a friend with her and everyone was very supportive.

She's just text me to say that you don't have to go in via the pub, you can go in through the fire exit off the car park straight in to the function room.

She also said she was as nervous as anything and almost turned the car round and drove back out of there but is glad she went. she can't go this week and is gutted as she said the support was fabulous.

hi x thats fantastic thankyou very much, thats really helpfull, now i'v just got to sort childcare and i will be there :):):) x have u been to any of the support groups? I'v never attended something like this and now my minds racing with if whats and where's lol xxxxxx many thanks again xx

Very sorry to hear you are very low if you join Sam's May Challenge it might help you to focus on the weight loss and the supports of others on that thread will help just to know that you are not alone on this journey.

Here is the link below for the May Challenge

http://www.wlsurgery.com/monthly-weigh/136716-may-challenge-just-fun.html

Also below is a link to the diaries here and reading them you will see others have felt anxious and stressed out as well at times but over all you will find them very uplifting and motivating.

http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-diaries/

Thankyou very much, I have applied the pre-opper badge now, i didin't know how to do that and felt like a pupil with no uniform lol x I'l click the link too x Thankyou for directing me around this site, its all a bit strange when your new to the site and internet :):):) xxxx

hi everyone x

I'm feeling really low today and not very well at all, i'm trying really hard to get a grip on this weight loss journey but everytime i feel back in the driving seat i crash a few hours after :( x i actually think its now making me ill (nervous wreck) the things i'v done to get this far and i'm starting to feel that the day of surgery will never come, i'm now an ex smoker (by choice) and i done this in preperation for the day of life changing surgery, my cigs was a tool of combat and now i have none :( so i joined this site in the hope of online friendship,support and advice x iv only told a handfull of family about my choice for surgery therefore feel as tho im lying to my close friends when they tell my i look stressed and whats the matter! i can't begin to tell you what a horrible 16 months iv had, just need more information to help me get a handel on this process, if anyone can help i would really apprechiate it :wave_cry: x many thanks for reading tc x
:welcome2::newbie: The help, support and advice on this site is amazing.
I hope you feel better soon
Ps...giving up smoking can make you feel like poo for a while, but is the best thing I ever did, apart from having my band!
xx

Hi there and welcome.
I've only recently stopped smoking too so that I'm healthier for my op. It made my eating even more out of control for a while. I hope you get to your support group. I've been to some where I live and it really helps me.

How far on are you in the referral process? Have you been granted funding or had any pre-op tests yet?

Good Luck Sicknote - Hope you make lots of new friends through this site and start feeling better about yourself very soon! Probably going to a local meeting will be really good for you to start looking forward to your new future!

I gave up smoking 10 years ago - with my surgery its up there with one of the best things I have done for myself.
Well done for giving them up - it will certainly help for when you have your surgery!

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

:):):) Thankyou all for your supportive and informative comments, i contacted my surgeon and found out that he no longer does nhs work so i'm going to be refered else where now.. homerton was one but i cant remember the name of the other one as i was still trying to take in all to other info that he told me xx hope your all well and things are moving along for you xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back