• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

July 2014 Surgeries

That's interesting. A pre-pre-op diet so the pre-op diet satisfies more. Just had my first protein shake for breakfast. Yum yum.

Haha yes in so many words although it was part of my pre op diet. I had slim fast but due to problems with large amount of lactose etc I've come off it. How was it?

Apologies for raising a *toilet issues* so early in the day... BUT

Is anyone else on the preop food or non food, finding that they are constipated already?

I'm day 7 today. Will take a Ducolax tonight as I don't want a repeat of today. Pain. Enough said.

xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Apologies for raising a *toilet issues* so early in the day... BUT Is anyone else on the preop food or non food, finding that they are constipated already? I'm day 7 today. Will take a Ducolax tonight as I don't want a repeat of today. Pain. Enough said. xxx Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Mine was the opposite when on liquid, however now I'm on food I am constipated. Need to go buy some supplies x

I haven't had any problems.. but then I am only on day 2..

I hope tomorrows better for you x

I have been taking lactulose, I hope thats ok with the milk diet, I will buy some others, just incase, good luck for movement later :)

I was on 2 slimfasts and a meal for a couple of days. I was also taking Morphine, which constipates. The combination was so severe that it took me almost 20 minutes to go to the bathroom, it got a bit bloody and the pain lingered for hours.

Could you not eat more fruit to help with movement along with weetabix

I took a laxative - I used hard sugar free sweets - have enough of them and they have the effect.

Hi all just thought I would join this thread as I was a June op but was cancelled on Monday day of my op but hospital phoned today and I am now having my bypass on 2nd July hoping it's not cancelled again thow .

You must have been upset about that, after all the preparation, how long will you be on the special diet

Hi all just thought I would join this thread as I was a June op but was cancelled on Monday day of my op but hospital phoned today and I am now having my bypass on 2nd July hoping it's not cancelled again thow .

Oh no that's awful :( mine got cancelled 3 weeks pre op last time, do you mind me asking why they cancelled? X

Could you not eat more fruit to help with movement along with weetabix

Depends on the preop.

My allowance is 2 portions a day. 1 Weetabix in the morning xx

You must have been upset about that, after all the preparation, how long will you be on the special diet

I was on the milk and you hurt diet for 4 weeks but when they cancelled they said I could eat but only had a sandwich on the Monday and a wrap on the Tuesday but back on the milk and yogurt now till next wendsday now I just have to organise who is having my son again and getting him from school

Oh no that's awful :( mine got cancelled 3 weeks pre op last time, do you mind me asking why they cancelled? X

It's horrible ain't it they changed the date befor from 4th June to 23rd June then went on 23 rd they even gave me my pre meds aswell then told me there was not enough beds just hope it don't happen again next week when have you got yours ?

Is so disorganised the system, they forget they are dealing with people who surprising have lives and other commitments. Things like the child care and work. We are not all sitting at home on our own waiting around for them. It should be better organised. I hope that mine goes according to plan when I get a date because if not I know my work will not be happy , I'm already under the pressure of redundancy so any excuse they will use it. Hope everyone else has an easier time :)

Is so disorganised the system, they forget they are dealing with people who surprising have lives and other commitments. Things like the child care and work. We are not all sitting at home on our own waiting around for them. It should be better organised. I hope that mine goes according to plan when I get a date because if not I know my work will not be happy , I'm already under the pressure of redundancy so any excuse they will use it. Hope everyone else has an easier time :)

I hope they go ahead and no more delays or obstacles are put in your way!!

I'm a big believer in 'everything happens for a reason' and 'what's for you won't go by you'.

Good luck in the preop. xxx

On the second day of pre-op protein shakes. To say I'm not craving solids is an understatement. Have looked at food but not eaten it - try to drink a glass of dilute NAS squash or diluted flavoured water whenever I have strong cravings. Stomach is angry and me and the protein drinks are passing though too quickly.

Not having anything solid is horrible isn't it :(

Welcome rachlou, so sorry to hear your op was cancelled, be positive that this time it will all go ahead as planned. I do Hope so, I have the childcare issue and work etc also, such a pain to sort out !

I think we are all doing really well and we should be proud of ourselves !!

Have a good day one and all WE CAN DO THIS !!!!

Back