• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just had a gastric bypass and feeling vunerable!

Heya elffie ty so much for the heads up I shall seek out that thread lol

Clare x

Hiya everyone! Just thought I'd introduce myself in hope of finding peeps whom have had WLS too!.. I had my gastric bypass on the 11th July and to be honest I'm left feeling quite vunerable... which is really strange. I seem to be gettin panicky about becoming smaller has anyone else experienced this? :eek: It's like I was moulded to be fat since being a toddler, being a healthy size or normal was only ever a dream and the thought of this dream becoming a reality actually frightens me! It's like my entire personality has been built up around this fat stigma (fat people are either funny or moody) and I fear about "how to act" and yet I'm the most honest "say it as it is" person in the world!!

The other fear I have is actually being able to choose a style of clothing i've only ever known to wear clothes that make me look thinner! I almost feel like I'm losing my identity I never ever realised my weight had such a psychological and controlling impact on me!

Has anybody else felt this way or am I just really wierd and in need of the men in white coats to come and get me!

xx

Hi Mummyof2
:welcome2: to minis
God i am so glad i'm not the only one who feels like this you have put into words how i feel.
Until i joined this mad group. I thought i was the only one who felt there was no one else with the same worries and problems.
THANK GOD FOR MINIS.

Hello and welcome

Great thread! It really struck a chord with me. I lost 10 stone a few years ago and had a very rough time dealing with it all. So when got my date the first thing I did was find a phsyco therapist. I went to one by accident looking for marriage guidence and discovered they are a whole lot better than flipping cousellors who just seem to sit and make mewing cat like noises at every verse end. My lady puts things together and in the last couple of months has helped enormously. If you can afford it I would highly recommend that instead of a counsellor.

I, like I said have found it hard in the past and expect to again, somewhat, though as they say forwarned is forarmed, and as my lady says it's all my choice, I don't have have to do/ be anything I don't want to, which I found very reassuring. i think moving mself from one pigeon hole to another was a hard thing to do, and yes it rocked the marrital boat, but now it's my choice and I don't have let it.

Does that make any sense? I'm finding it hard to ariculate my emotions here, but I guess that's why I need therapy.

It is scary, but you know what else is. . . being fat!

And another thing, the drugs fron the op seriously mess with your head. I'm 4 weeks out now and can honestly say I think they're still clouding my mental functions. Give it a while before letting it get to you, and send me a pm if you want a chat on the fone

Love and hugs
Lizzy

So so glad I'm not alone on this! I guess if you've been fat all your life you dont really know any different or how to act thin if you like, very strange never saw this comming lol

Clare x

Hiya nicola yeh would love to meet up sometime only it would be very difficult as have a 23 month old and 14 week old baby so gettin out the house half the time is a mission lol but I'm sure i'll be able to sometime in the near future. Whens your bypass date?

Clare x

Hi Clare

I'm having my bypass on the 1st October. Although I kind of know what to expect having had the band op recently, I'm still really anxious but excited at the same time. Unfortunately, I've had some problems with my band so I'm hoping that the bypass will be better.

You sound like you've got you're hands full with your little ones! How are you feeling now you are a couple of weeks down the line?

I'll P.M you when you've got enough posts.

x

Lol Nicola i'm working hard between enetertaining the kids and posting :D.

Well I'm sure your be fine I had full confidence in Dr Bryne but you already know him already!

I'm feeling relatively normal actually ofcoarse I get a small amount of pain after about 5 hrs of running round after my son who's the most energetic baby ever I'm sure! I admit at first I was in alot of pain which I didn't expect, I'd had appendicitis op, and two c-sections (both of which I got out at 24hrs post op) so i thought I was pretty hardcore but the pain was pretty bad. Having said that I've had no vomiting experiences and mild heart burn so I'm very lucky!

Clare x

Back