• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Keloid scars

just checked your scar picture, and although my bypass scars are quite a bit smaller they are also a bit red still and raised, and I had my bypass back in August 2012.. And yet my tummy tuck scar which was from hip to hip is a nice smooth white line, but it took a couple of years to become that way, so I assume the bypass scars will be the same.. But I would say for someone my age that is pretty normal.. I don't know how old you are becky, but the older you are the longer it will take for the scars to fade and flatten. Don't know about you, but I can definitely live with raised red scars on my boobs for a couple of years rather than have them hanging down to my knees lol!!

just checked your scar picture, and although my bypass scars are quite a bit smaller they are also a bit red still and raised, and I had my bypass back in August 2012.. And yet my tummy tuck scar which was from hip to hip is a nice smooth white line, but it took a couple of years to become that way, so I assume the bypass scars will be the same.. But I would say for someone my age that is pretty normal.. I don't know how old you are becky, but the older you are the longer it will take for the scars to fade and flatten. Don't know about you, but I can definitely live with raised red scars on my boobs for a couple of years rather than have them hanging down to my knees lol!!

Its not my scar, its just off the web, but mine is similar but smaller. My op was August 2012 too, and i am 44. My boobs are definately getting me down!! :( xx

well as I said, because we are a little older then they will probably be raised and red a little longer, but they will smooth out and flatten eventually allbeit more slowly... I use bio oil every day and that really does help. and as I say my tummy tuck scar was that red and angry in the beginning but now it's fine.. So I'm sure the breast scarring will be fine.. You could always ask the surgeon when you go for a consultation re your breasts what his opinion is of the liklihood of excessive scarring, just to help you make the decision.. xx

well as I said, because we are a little older then they will probably be raised and red a little longer, but they will smooth out and flatten eventually allbeit more slowly... I use bio oil every day and that really does help. and as I say my tummy tuck scar was that red and angry in the beginning but now it's fine.. So I'm sure the breast scarring will be fine.. You could always ask the surgeon when you go for a consultation re your breasts what his opinion is of the liklihood of excessive scarring, just to help you make the decision.. xx

I use Biooil too, but i think mine is beyond it tbh:sigh: xx

I use Biooil too, but i think mine is beyond it tbh:sigh: xx

why?? Is your scar worse than the picture of the one on the net? because my tummytuck scar was about the same at one point as the one on the net and now its fine.. You had your sleeve the same time as I had my bypass or thereabouts.. It's only been six months, and mine are still quite red and raised, but beginning to flatten out, just taking a little more time than usual I think. I am sure it is going to be the same for you xxx

why?? Is your scar worse than the picture of the one on the net? because my tummytuck scar was about the same at one point as the one on the net and now its fine.. You had your sleeve the same time as I had my bypass or thereabouts.. It's only been six months, and mine are still quite red and raised, but beginning to flatten out, just taking a little more time than usual I think. I am sure it is going to be the same for you xxx

Hope you're right! Bio oil doesnt seem to make any difference. xx

Have you tired massage? My 12yr old is currently having hand therapy for a nasty accident that happened at school that left him needing surgery and the surgeon warned us the skin might turn dark and thick.

His palm had a scar going right threw it and down his wrist and it looked very nasty and raised but I firmly massaged the scar and the underneath deep tissue 3-4 times a day and the surgeon was amazed at how it looked. Only took 2 months to do it now unless you look close you cannot see the scar. I would put the pics up but they are a little gruesome(he fell on a pretty big piece of glass in the playground and it stabbed threw his palm)

His due to have surgery again on it and I will do the same thing again.

my scar from Gall Bladder is similar to the one shown. When my wl surgeon seen it she said that I must of had an infection in the area!!! She has also said she will use the same port hole and correct the scarring :) so fingers crossed I will be nice and smooth.

Thanks Carebear, i'll have a go, but it may be too late!

It may not be his accident happened 6 months ago and we still do some now just not as much but whenever we go to his therapist she notices the difference to the deeper inside tissue(that makes it look flatter)

Hi

All I can add to what's already been said, is if you are the sort that has had a Keloid scar then there is a very good chance that all your scars will go Keloid, its down to your skin type with some being more prone than others, Dark Skinned people are very prone to it.

I know I am, I had a very bad Keloid Scar on my neck from a Tracheostomy, that took years and years to fade, it is almost invisible now but that was 30 years ago and now all the scars from my Bypass are Keloid as well, but thankfully they are only keyhole so are quite small.

Even plastic surgeons don't like working on Dark Skinned people for that very reason.

Paul

I scar badly I have still got a nasty scar from 30 yrs ago on my elbow from a motorbike accident 2 section scars a double hernia scar and 9 from DS and 4 from y latest gallbladder removal so I don't think I should attempt any more my boob s look ok in bra and clothes so will live with it and wrinkly tum and legs :)

Thanks all. I really will have to weigh this up carefully. My boobs look ok in a bra, but they make me look bigger than I am as I have such a large chest. I'm sick of it tbh. I tried on a swimming costume yesterday, and I don't look too bad, but I wish I wasn't so top heavy! I need a costume with added scaffolding!

Plus having smaller boobs would be much better for my back and shoulders, as I bend all day at work and the boobs just make it worse, sigh

Having a reduction / uplift is a much bigger op than having implants.

You would probably end up with a scar from the nipple area and down and under each breast. How would you feel with that amount of scars?

I feel your big boob pain though, I'm a G cup and they are soooo heavy. I have permenant red marks under mine.

I also heal really quickly and all of my scars are raised and lumpy.

Having a reduction / uplift is a much bigger op than having implants.

You would probably end up with a scar from the nipple area and down and under each breast. How would you feel with that amount of scars?

I feel your big boob pain though, I'm a G cup and they are soooo heavy. I have permenant red marks under mine.

I also heal really quickly and all of my scars are raised and lumpy.

Yes they have to move the nipple etc dont they. Yuck. But better in the long run I suppose. As for the scars, i really dont know. I guess they would mostly be hidden, except the nipples ones? This is the area i am most worried about! I'm a F/G too mazza.

In the end its all down to what is more acceptable, less pain and looking better in your clothes or a few very obvious scars that only a few people will ever see, and if you need to get the girls out on the beach they will still look better that all the old German women that feel the need to expose their own saggy offerings, offerings that nearly always look like old leather moccasins or worse.

Paul

Back