• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Knickers!

Léonie_

Ok,i need to ask this question, and have no one else i could possibly ask,but do you get to keep some form on knickers on during your surgery??!!

i know you have to have the gown i get that,but if they're not going near your bits,why can't they be covered?!

This may seem like such a silly thing considering it's surgery, but I'm quite a shy girl and would rather i wasn't showing to all and sundry?!

i wore a pair of knickers, but they had to be cotton, and they did have to be thrown away afterwards cos they were c overed in iodine, so dont wear your best ones. good luck and i can understand where your coming from. hugs xxxx

Yep, I kept my knickers on. They were still on afterwards. :)

They wanted them off at homerton, and gave me hideous paper knickers, which did not fit, must have been a size 12 (one size never did fit all). Anyhow, it was also my TOTM, so they let me keep my own on.

I had a catheter and wasn't allowed to wear any knickers.

i didn't even think about that, I just took mine off before I went to theatre, wish i'd kept them on as my period had started when I came round even though it wasn't due

You wasn't allowed knickers at Walsall Manor either due to the catheter

They gave me paper knickers that had no chance of fitting, so they let me keep mine on. But they were gone when I woke up, replaced with a catheter.

Jacki.

This bring back bad memories for me :D

I was told that I'd be given paper knickers so I took mine off but before the nurse came back with the paper knickers the porters came to get me for theatre. I'm terrible for blabbering on when I'm nervous so told the porters, theatre nurses, my surgeon & everyone else that I saw, that I had no knickers on :rolleyes: :ashamed0005:

Moral of my story is keep ur knickers on & ur mouth shut :D

This bring back bad memories for me :D

I was told that I'd be given paper knickers so I took mine off but before the nurse came back with the paper knickers the porters came to get me for theatre. I'm terrible for blabbering on when I'm nervous so told the porters, theatre nurses, my surgeon & everyone else that I saw, that I had no knickers on :rolleyes: :ashamed0005:

Awww you poor thing, Id have been the same :8855:X

Dotty, I'm so embarrassed now especially as I think the porter is a friend of a friend :)

Then my surgeon asked if I understood why I was there & I replied "yes 'cos I'm a fat lass wanting to be slim"!! Ha, ha!! He nearly fell over then composed himself & replied "okay, not quite the answer I was looking for but along the same lines"! :D

Pmsl, I bet they had a good laugh while you were out cold ;) I got told once, dont know how true it is...that when you go to sleep on the op table that if you talk to yourself (quite a frequent occurence apparently!) you talk about the last thing you were thinking about before you went under......in your case it would have been not wearing any knickers :D When I was operated on years ago it was how fit the surgeon was!! Now thats embarrassing :eek: :rotflmao: XX

I took mine off cos they told me to take all my clothes off and put the gown on....then when they were sorting me out to send me to sleep and putting the compression things on my legs the theatre nurse said 'oh, you could have kept your pants on!'. But at that point I didn't really care! x

No knickers here! I was told to remove all items of clothing and put the gown on. And the surgical socks of course.
I thought it was quite funny how they very much tried to preserve modesty whilst I was in the prep room.. where they put the drips in and the anesthetic. I'm quite sure that once I was out, they just take the gown off and it's plain view from there! lol

Just a normal Saturday night in Gloucester for only a few "ladies"..... :8855:

Back