• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lack of Fluids.

Mrs Quiggle

Does anyone else find it so hard to get fluids in. I know I don't drink enough but I find it so hard drinkingo all the time. I do try, I don't like water much, well I do but it's boring so I put NAS squash in it which is fine at work as we use it there and I try hard with tea and coffee which still counts as fluids but I forget or don't get round to it. Think I'll start taking my water bottle in to work with me again. I don't stay in the same place all the time at work though I'm moving around the home and can't always lug a bottle with me. Hey ho. Must try harder. It's probably why I'm losing weight so slowly, about a pound a week.

Kate x

At least you're losing steadily. I seem to have stalled for the past week. And you've lost 69lbs! If I'd done that, I'd be at goal!

Dont beat yourself up it does Dont worry about tea and coffee,have hot nas its lovely and I drink lots more than tea etc.The fluids dont make us lose weight,eat fruit,veg and salad.All full of water.Maz x

I agree. Don't stress about it Kate. As long as your wee is the colour of straw you are doing OK. And 1lb a week means you'll be there this time next year - looking bloody gorgeous!

Like you Kate I struggle to get my fluids in I tend to have about 3 or 4 cups of tea a day, a cup of milk at bedtime. Sometime I drink another 250ml of nas squash others it's much less occasionally more but not often. I loose in general about a pound or two each week. Although I carry my juice bottle with me everywhere it's tough making time to drink while I teach or support as I tend to forget until I'm really thirsty & if I drink a lot it's not always easy to head to the loo if I'm meant to be in a class or fit it in between lessons. One day I'll get it right it's one of the main things I still have to get right in this learning curve of ours.

I have about 8 cups of coffee a day and that's about it. I start the 5 day pouch test on Monday so have no choice but to up the fluid intake x

Hun a 1lb a week is amazing... so your doing well hun so dont worry xx
i dont know how you can get your fluids in at work... but this is my typical day... in the week that is...

breakfast 7.15.
work 250ml tea before i get on my till... i take it in a flask.
while on till: 400ml squash in bottle... i usually manage about 350ml.. then have the other bit during the day.
Lunch
400ml tea, 250ml hot choc
dinner
400ml tea, 250ml hot choc

occasionally i will also have a cuppa soup as this is fluids too... so at the mo im just under 2ltr xx

i brought a bigger mug which is now 400 ml.. so if im home i will use that instead of a 250 ml one xx

Back