• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

LAST SUPPER APPROACHING.....

markelsie

Just wondered how other pre-opper handled there so called "last supper" in that my consultant has given me a date of the 10th of July and wants me to start on my pre-op diet "this Sunday"..So with this in mind I'm out tomorrow with a best friend NOT to go silly but as a final "Have what you want evening"....Interested to hear what others have done...
Mark

i was a junk food addict i spread it over a few nights and had my fav things for the last time, pizza was my biggest addiction i had that last x

I don't think my bypass will be until the autumn but I've made my plans already! Jimmy Spices I think - eat all you want! And I have a bottle of champagne chilling just waiting for me.....Zxx

my last meal was a lovely Indian meal on Mothers day this year, I didn't pig out just ate whatever I fancied and we had nice wine....i promised myself it would be my last mothers day as a "fat mum" and I started my pre-op the following day....ive now lost 2 stone since that day 4 more to go and yep no more fat mum:D

Everyone so far sounds like they have been pretty sensible and to be honest I just feel "tired" of food now knowing that one chapter lasting 48 years with food is coming to an end and quite excited in thinking "What's next" in chapter 2 of my life once I have my by-pass...

its silly really, as its not the junk food im missing the most its the simple things in life like a bacon bun with red sauce, but im used to it now x

My last supper was a chineese from my favourite curry house and i loved every mouthful...I can still taste it now, not brushed my teeth since,...only kidding lol

So Liz,what's a nice treat for you now??
M

my treat is....

half a spam fritter from the chippy with 6-7 chips and a splash of garlic or curry sauce :p

i have that 1-2 times a month, ryan my son hes 8 scoffs the other half.

i havent had that now for approx 6 weeks, u just set me off again lol.

p.s i wouldnt recomend bypassers to ave it as to much fat content, but thats me thing when im in the mood.

Hiya, the very best of luck for your pre-op diet - are you doing Low-cal or milk diet?

My "last supper" was sweet and sour chicken and noodles from our fave chinese takeaway.

Hi Mark, a few days before my op I was on a girly weekend in London and we visited a really lovely restaurant. I was going to be good but then saw my favourite on the menu .. steak. so thats what I had! Thats just over a month ago and I wouldnt dare eat a piece of steak now, but my last supper was gorgeous .. I LOVE steak .. but I love myself more :)

I start my pre op diet tomorrow so I had my 'last supper' tonight. I had a happy meal from mcdonalds, vvbad i know but i love it but as someone said above, ill love myself thin more ;)

My surgery was on a Monday but I only had to do liquids 2 days prior.

So I bought a ton of junk to eat the week before. My surgeon then called me Wednesday night (as I was stuffing my mouth) at about 9PM and said he knew I was binge eating and that even though I didn't have to go on liquids till the weekend it wasn't a good idea just to go hogwild.

It was pretty good advice, esp. since I began to get nervous anyway. So I cut back that last week and didn't eat like a maniac.

I still don't know how he knew to call me, though...:confused:

Hi Mark
Id just like to wish you good luck with your pre op diet and your surgery . And may you have a speedy recovery . Good luck and take care .
MARGARET XX

Margaret....Many thanks for your kind words and I hope your time comes quickly for you..Mx

Hiya, the very best of luck for your pre-op diet - are you doing Low-cal or milk diet?

My "last supper" was sweet and sour chicken and noodles from our fave chinese takeaway.

Jenni...You cant beat a nice bit of chinese food and know doubt you savoured it even more....My diet is going to be Muller yogs and milk etc so roll on Sunday???...but that said I'm gearing up in my head now and know whats got to be done...Mx

Back