• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

liver didnt shrink enough :(, anyone else?

Aw gutted for u hun :( chin up it will soon happen for u xx good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Awww so sorry love. How devastating. Still don't give up. This is the best thing you will ever do for yourself. Relax for a few days and go for it again. The whole thing will be worth it in the end.
Big hugs

How utterly frustration, really sorry to hear that. Hope this time turns out to be of value in further preparation for when you finally get your surgery xxx

lullaby said:
Back from a 24hrs visit to the hospital, very sore and no bypass, liver didnt shrink enough, so couldn't have it.
said i could go back in 6 weeks after a 4 week pre op diet this time and not 2 week,
but not sure i want to, what if it happens again, and they cut me open just to be told in recovery they haven't dont it, i was so gutted and shocked, couldn't believe what they were saying, dont think i could handle that again, feel like such a failure,
i stuck to the last pre op diet the weight loss people gave me, except for a drop of milk!! only to be told it wasn't strictly right, and the hospital has give me a different one now, i just feel yukkie :( xxl
has it happened to anyone else?

It is a really dreadful thing that has happened but you will be sorry if you dont persevere.

Don't give up sweetie you have waited so long. It is just a little step back and at least you know they are looking after your safety which is most important. It will happen just hang in there. Lots of love Magsy x

Can't think how you must be feeling, but it's a technical hitch. You're going to be fine next time and hey, maybe the hospital will be in touch with whoever gave you the diet and it will save others from going through the same thing.

Best of luck Lovely and stick with it. It's so worth it.

Kate x

Thank you all for your support,
i,ve spoken to my provider to find out how much more i will have to pay if i go through with it again,
at the moment i am swaying on the not to do it again side, what if there is a reason it didnt happen the first time?
I am more worried this time and still dont understand why my liver was not right, i'd lost a stone in weight!! thanks again jane :) xx

Been trying to find out and understand why my liver didnt shrink and i am more confused than before i started because with all that i've read it should have been fine, i really just dont understand,
jane :) xx

Some people need more time on the diet, i spent 2 weeks on a low carb diet and then 3 weeks on the 4 weightwatchers 4 muller light yogurts. I cheated 4 days before my op when i had a BK meal and my liver had shrunk plenty.

i hope you feel a little more positive today :) take care and i'm sure it will be fine next time xx

Thanks angie but i'm too scared to do it again, what if its not ment to be? there is no reason that it shouldn't have worked the first time,
there are people who have no pre op diet and there are people who have really cheated,
i stuck to it and lost a stone, that what i dont understand!!
jane :) xx

I cant imagine how you are feeling but because you have waited so long for this dont rush into making any decisions until you have had time to digest what has happened. All I would say is ask to speak to a professional to help you come to terms with everything. Good Luck Pauline x

Thanks pauline,
I feel a bit more positive today :) xx

My thoughts were that if i never got the op due to my liver not shrinking enough then i wouldnt try again as its too much pressure, all the worry about the op and the diet. If you stuck to the diet and found it fairly easy then perhaps you dont need an op. you might have enough will power to loose the weight on your own. Good luck in what ever you decide.

I might be the other way and think my liver is affected by my weight and it's still fatty after 2 week pre op that my liver needs the op. Some peoples liver might not recover quickly from years of over eating and just need a few more weeks on pre op or a different pre op diet. Hope you make the right choice for you and I'm so sorry your op didn't go ahead as planed x

i'm glad you're feeling a bit more positive today :) take care and i'm sure you will come to the right decision for you xx

Oh Lullaby that really must've been awful :( *hugs*

Back