• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Loss of interest in some foods anyone?

Tracey1404

Enjoyin' my journey....
Hi folks I had my band fitted on 3 August and doing fine overall. My difficulty is getting enough nutrients protein dtc. I thought I'd love homemade soups and my husband had diligently made my favourites + some high protein ones. Problem is half a cup later I don't want it, not because I don't want to eat it but because the thought of it makes me feel queasy. Smell of food is also not very nice at moment, especially soups again. I have loved all food for all of my life (except crab sticks!!) and this aversion I have to savoury stuff is disconcerting. Is this something anyone else has experienced? Is is just early doors stuff and I will find myself liking food again once I have healed properly.
I'm managing around 800 calories a day at the moment but struggling especially on protein front I think. Tracey xxx:confused:

its stange isnt it,ive gone off some foods i loved before i had my 2nd fill and now i cannot stand the taste of somethings xx

I had my band fitted on July 27th and have no desire to eat anything... Lost appetite and struggled to get multi vitamin down... Think it probably won't stay this way but I feel exactly same... Am due to start mushy food soon and not really that bothered.... Struggled quite a lot because I don't have appetite ... Focusing on fluids mostly. I have read other threads where people are starving but just not feeling it xx

Bread was my downfall pre-band and I rarely have the urge for it now. Maybe had 4 or 5 slices over the past year. Otherwise I am still really loving my food. Your appetite I am sure will come back, but hopefully will be more discerning towards the good band foods :D x

Since having my bypass loved coffee gone of it completely!! I am a bread girl and had no desire to have it either or any food just my head saying time to eat!
Strange isn't it! X

Thanks folks, thought I was making it up given my past history! T xxx

It seems odd, that most of the foods we have gone off is bread, I am included in this, my other food is pork??!!
If only it could be choc muffins, it would make my life easier LOL!!

Not sure what your post op diet consisted of, it could be your sick of the site of soup after being on in post op maybe lol x

Jelly and can't stand the smell of oxo, stick cubes or when making gravy for kids, my pre op diet was jelly and salty drunk though! Ugh

Not sure what your post op diet consisted of, it could be your sick of the site of soup after being on in post op maybe lol x
Now thAt. Is a distinct possibility! I think it is smells as much as food I am finding odd. T xxx

Back