• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Meeting consultant tomorrow- nervous!!!

MissB'sjourney

Hi everyone I'm quite new to the site. I've got an appointment to see Chris Shearer in Glasgow to discuss a band tomorrow, nervous to say the least! I don't really know why I'm nervous, I suppose it makes it more 'real'. I'm discussing a band however I have a feeling he is going to tell me a sleeve would be better however my funds just wouldn't allow that. I'll have to wait and see! It's so inspiring to see all your journeys, thanks for having me!

Hello and welcome MissB, they certainly are many inspiring journeys, I fairly new (sept/oct) and I have found the forum very friendly and supportive as I'm sure you will to, don't ever worry about any questions as there is always someone who can answer or guide you, good luck tomorrow and please update us.

Best of luck tomorrow!!

Hi again!
My appointment went really well,Mr Shearer was great and said I'd be a good candidate for surgery. Getting booked in next week. The hard work begins now but I'm looking forward to the journey to take back my life!

Hello and welcome MissB, they certainly are many inspiring journeys, I fairly new (sept/oct) and I have found the forum very friendly and supportive as I'm sure you will to, don't ever worry about any questions as there is always someone who can answer or guide you, good luck tomorrow and please update us.

Your reply was so lovely thank you! It's always nice to know your not alone in this. The appointment went really well and my mind is now made up to go ahead with surgery. I'm sure I'll have loads of questions and queries throughout the process but the forum has already been a great place for info so hopefully it will be a good place to come if things get tough. Xxx

Fantastic news!
Hope you don't have to wait too long!

I'm so pleased for you :) another big step forward x

That's just Fantastic news, wow the start of a great journey, when you say booked in next week does that mean surgery will be next week, sorry I feel a little naive X

That's just Fantastic news, wow the start of a great journey, when you say booked in next week does that mean surgery will be next week, sorry I feel a little naive X

Hi @Bling Babe sorry I worded it wrong! No, my surgery should be at the end of January, just booking it in this week. I'm waiting on national obesity surgery centre calling me today with dates, then she said a member of he team will speak to me about the liquid diets to choose from. I suppose I better enjoy my xmas dinner this year!!!

It certainly will be here before you know it, I can't believe it's almost Christmas again already, I'm sure I celebrate the last one only a couple of months ago What a lovely start to the new year for you, so exciting, yes definitely enjoy Christmas dinner x

I did milk too and found it easy and straightforward, I think trying to measure out food would have been much more of a temptation so this way it was simple. I bought 2lts of semi skimmed milk a day and drank it whenever as long as I finished it and then my yogurts plus 2lts of water or nas squash and I enjoyed my last Pepsi Max's on top.

I also did milk diet, my choice. Couldn't have done with faffing around with chicken and green stuff.

Back