• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Metallic taste

clairyb

Has anyone else experienced a metallic taste in your mouth doing the milk diet? I have the strangest taste....gawd knows what my breath smells like!!:eek:

Yep quiet normal it means your in ketosis ( liver shrinking mode ) xx

It gets worse, horrible furry tongue to accompany the metallic taste and bad breath ... Then constipation! But it's not for long and it means the body is hopefully losing weight and the liver is shrinking. Think positive xxx

20st 8lbs Heaviest Weight - Free Calorie Counter I MY BAND
19st 8lbs - 1 July 2011 (started pre-op diet)
18st 6lbs - 1 August 2011
17st 3lbs - 1 September 2011
16st 6lbs - 1 October 2011
15st 11lbs - 1 November 2011
15st 0lbs - 1 December 2011
14st 7lbs - 1 January 2012
13st 12lbs - 1 February 2012
13st 2lbs - 1 March 2012
12st 7lbs - 1 April 2012
12st - 29 April 2012 - target weight achieved
11st 12lbs - current weight. 2lbs away from 'healthy weight

WOW, look at your stats........you are an inspiration! :553:

i,m on day 8 of the pre op diet but i havent experienced any metalic taste in my mouth does this mean the diet isnt working i,ve stuck to what i,m supposed to have i have been feeling weak and drained and had a few stomach pains i,m worried mine isnt working now and i,m getting my op on friday x

That's the same as me , what if my liver doesn't shrink , omg my throats feeling sore my op has to be cancelled lol the list was endless drove OH and family total bonkers im sure you ll be fine xxx

High protein diets cause a metallic taste in your mouth. It can also be an indicator of poor kidney function, if your not having enough fluids. If your worried you can buy ketosticks from a chemist to test your urine.

It also indicates that your using all the glycogen stored in your liver for energy. So if your on your pre op diet, it's an indicator that it's working :)

Hollie all the worrying will be worse for you than being overweight LOL relax X

When i first started experiencing the metallic taste, i panicked as i thought i was pregnant!! not that being pregnant is such a bad thing but ive put in so much into this process. A trip down Tescos and my local hospital put me back at ease

Back