• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey starts here..

I dunno. I haven't cancelled it yet.

I think I'm going to go and see what the nurse says. I still think maybe I need a tiny smidge out.

I just don't want to be hungry again, it's great not being hungry!

So yeah. I cancelled it :D

Better today, ate my meals fine.

I think I just needed to work better with the band. I have a tendency to take bigger first mouthfuls when I'm hungry, and not wait long enough til the next one.

Before I could get away with it but now I can't!

They've told me there is a nurse available next Tuesday if I change my mind, but for now it's all good.

I think I might finally be in the green!

Hi guys, I'm ok, just on hols. Band has been fine but I've not been eating much. I'm ill today and had to see a doctor. I've got a virus so I have to stay in bed. No fun!

Hope everyone is well x

Hope u feel better soonxxx

Thanks ladies, I'm all better now. Luckily it was only bad for a day.

I go on high-activity holidays, and I need to work out a way of getting more calories into me. Normally it's the opposite with a band, but I need more energy for these weeks as I'm burning off so many calories.

I'm going to look into protein shakes I think.

Hey

I've literally just read your entire diary and its so insightful. Documents it so well.

Just a quick question..

What is your fill point now on the band ?

Did the THG give option for band sizes?

Also how many fills de fills in total to reach this point and what's you weight loss like? Are u comfortable?

Very good diary I must say and I think I'll be like you with the early start to Dolan park and the fainting... I'm such a wimp!!! Xx

Hey

I've literally just read your entire diary and its so insightful. Documents it so well.

Just a quick question..

What is your fill point now on the band ?

Did the THG give option for band sizes?

Also how many fills de fills in total to reach this point and what's you weight loss like? Are u comfortable?

Very good diary I must say and I think I'll be like you with the early start to Dolan park and the fainting... I'm such a wimp!!! Xx

Thank you very much! And welcome to banded life as well.

I'm now up to 6.3ml in a 10ml band. Even though the surgeon told me it was empty after the op, there was actually a small amount in it!

You don't get a choice of band size, the surgeon makes the decision for you - I think you were given a 10ml weren't you?

I've only had 3 fills, and I don't want or need any more. My last fill was in January and was only 0.5mls but I felt over restricted for a couple of weeks afterwards! Nearly had a defill but luckily it settled down.

I don't feel hungry and I have good restriction but no side effects. I can eat bread (albeit VERY slowly) but there are a few things I can't really tolerate like omelets and steak.

Most food is fine if I take tiny mouthfuls and wait for them to go down. I have protein shakes for breakfast though, to save time.

I'm two pounds away from a two-stone weight loss in 6 months. Nothing outstanding, but I see this as a long-term, slow change. I'm not after quick results, and in that time I've not 'dieted' at all. I will have to make more careful food choices as time goes on though.

I'm very comfortable, very happy with the band and how it's working for me and don't regret the decision at all. I look at people with huge plates of food now and it makes me feel slightly ill at the thought of trying to eat it!

Good luck with your band, and now you've had the op you know you're not a wimp at all!

OK, so I've not updated my diary for a while, because there's not been much to tell. Weighed myself this morning and I'm into the 13s, yay! Nearly made the two stone weight loss, which is great.

I was away last week, and unfortunately caught a nasty stomach bug. The worst thing about this was one night of severe sickness. I hadn't eaten since lunchtime, but I was sick about 6 times in the night with the worst retching I have ever experienced. It was like my stomach was trying to eject my intestines. I was throwing up water, then bile, then I don't know what. I was very, very worried that I was damaging the band and it was a miserable night.

I'm hoping that, as no food was being forced up through it, that damage was minimal but really, it couldn't have been good.

Three days later and all seems well. There is no pain or discomfort. It was very scary though, I don't recommend stomach bugs. I also have barely eaten since Thursday lunchtime. I've kept as hydrated as possible but have zero appetite. I don't actually think that's a bad thing because the band probably needed some TLC. I have a furry tongue now, hello ketosis.

I'm going to start introducing some mush I think, I don't want to be malnourished!! Anyway, hopefully the upside of all this will be some decent weightloss haha.

Anyway, all is fine, I am quite enjoying having a band. I saw some guys sitting at a table eating massive tower burgers with onion rings and piles of chips and it made me feel a bit ill. I genuinely don't miss that kind of food.

Glad your ok Hun but bleurgh about the sickness bug horrible! Almost 2 stone that's brill and you'll have minimal if any excess skin cos your loosing nice and slow x x

Hey u...sorry to hear ur sickness bug but whoop whoop on the weight loss!

Hope your feeling better lovely, that bug sounds awful awful awful. That's my fear the vomiting. I don't want to vomit with the band I'm scared ill vomit it up.

As for my bad, yes I had the small 10ml put in. I'll let you know if there's any full darlin xx

Well my appetite (such as it is) is back tonight which is good. After eating very little since Thursday, I'm stuffing my face with a jacket potato and tuna tonight.

Well, I say stuffing. I've had about four tablespoonfuls, but oh MY, it's yummy.

YAAAAAY! Finally broken the 2 stone mark. I know it's not much compared to some on here but I'm well chuffed.

It's taken a while but I've not dieted at all. I love my band!

More importantly, I'm now just 'overweight' and no longer obese! HURRAH.

Back