• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey to a happier me!!

SAS1 said:
I could eat a horse!!! Starving today :(

My appetite seems to have come back today with a vengeance - no easier post op lol

Tobi said:
It is hard work :( but I'm never really hungry, drinks fill me up. It's just sooo boring... Alternating soya milk, oat milk and lacto free semi skimmed as I discovered I can't tolerate lactose on the first week. Never had enough milk to notice before!! X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I found drinking lots of water helped keep hunger at bay too x

Woo hoo another 4lbs off this week and start mushy stage tomorrow x

Yay great loss :) well done and enjoy the soft foods! X

Meggie moo said:
Woo hoo another 4lbs off this week and start mushy stage tomorrow x

Well done you! I'm so counting down the days till mushies! I start Monday! Saw GP yesterday all going ok! No wind/stitch pain now! Appetite has increased though so hoping mushies I might have some restriction! Lost 30 lbs now since pre op! :) x

Tobi said:
Yay great loss :) well done and enjoy the soft foods! X

Soooo looking forward to scrambled egg lol x

p_relf said:
Well done you! I'm so counting down the days till mushies! I start Monday! Saw GP yesterday all going ok! No wind/stitch pain now! Appetite has increased though so hoping mushies I might have some restriction! Lost 30 lbs now since pre op! :) x

That's excellent Paul and yes each day just gets easier with the pain but my god the appetite is back lol roll on Monday and your mush x

Ok so today is my first day on mush I can't tell you how much I've been looking forward to this - yet feeling quite anxious about having something other than liquid - guessing this is normal?

Meggie moo said:
Ok so today is my first day on mush I can't tell you how much I've been looking forward to this - yet feeling quite anxious about having something other than liquid - guessing this is normal?

Ooohhhhh enjoy! Xxx

Meggie moo said:

Lucky you I'm counting down the days lol hope it's ok! :)

p_relf said:
Lucky you I'm counting down the days lol hope it's ok! :)

I only did one egg with milk and think I managed about 1/3 of it ate slowly chewed lots and feels like its stuck in my throat!!!

Wonder if that's how it will feel from now on when eating?

3 more days for you Paul x can't believe how quickly it's gone can you?

Almost no tenderness at port site either now - can really feel the port when I lie down - freaks me out a little bit lol guess I will come to love it x

I was wondering how you were getting on with soft food :)

Can't say much about the stuck feeling obviously being pre op! Let's see what the more experienced banders will say - curious now xx

Meggie moo said:
I only did one egg with milk and think I managed about 1/3 of it ate slowly chewed lots and feels like its stuck in my throat!!!

Wonder if that's how it will feel from now on when eating?

3 more days for you Paul x can't believe how quickly it's gone can you?

Almost no tenderness at port site either now - can really feel the port when I lie down - freaks me out a little bit lol guess I will come to love it x

Yeah I know, all that wait and researching and to think its inside us! Same thing my port even standing I can feel it underneath, not really that bothered though.

Just been food shopping and brought tesco healthy option shepherds pies, cauliflower cheese, mash etc. Oat so simply porridge for breaky, cottage cheese, soups again.

I'm anxious and want to see what it's like eating, wonder if I get full etc! :)

Still feels like my egg is stuck in my throat :(

Been and brought from m&s (never shop there normally lol) colcannon/ sweet potato mash, bubble and squeak, tiny cottage pie and shepherds pie - want to try them all now lol

Need to add marvel to them make sure getting protein!!

hi all
had phone call from dolan park this morning to say have to be there
for 7 am now
so hope wont have long wait
not long till sunday
dreading it

kay xxx

misselvis said:
hi all
had phone call from dolan park this morning to say have to be there
for 7 am now
so hope wont have long wait