• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Pencil Date is now an Ink Date!

Thank you you guys, and Kat yes it does seem like ages. How are the wedding plans? You are going to have lots of slim bridesmaids when we all turn up LOL !

So a month behind the funster and three days behind mrs tickle, that loosers bench will be top heavy on the 'lite side'

Well just had the last Chinese, and didn't stuff myself as usual, so that was good. Decided if we go back with the gang when I am eating OK, I will try the foo young. I hope that I will get on well with eggs as I love eggs now.

My letter said sort the prescriptions out with the doc before I go in and take medication in. I guess I will have to toss a coin to decide which doc to go and see and get the medication sorted. The letter even said we have to shower at home before we go into hospital. I have read many of you have your showers when you arrive. I guess as Cornwall has the highest Water rate charges in the country they are saving money there as well !

Trish - Wedding plans are a slow process at my age....but we are looking to have a winter wedding civil ceremony at the local register office....followed by a honeymoon in the sun, probably the Canaries.

Enough about me. I took liquid medication into hospital and just as well that I pay for my prescriptions annually; as it is mind-blowingly expensive for some drugs.
You need to find out what is absolutely neccessary to take in and also what the cost is likely to be.
You will need to give chemist a couple of weeks notice as some drugs are harder to get than others (I remember waiting for 9 days for one drug) but saying that most usual prescriptions are not a problem.
Firstly find out if it is essential they have to be in liquid form, I know a lot of people on here when having surgery, stuck to tablets and the hospital said nothing!

Glad you enjoyed your chinese meal and did`nt go overboard with it. I have always loved eggs and still do; as well as being a good standby - they are so good for you!
But I do know some people can`t tolerate eggs after surgery....hope your not one of them!

I had my shower before going in for surgery, as I did`nt know what time I was going `down`, the hospital rang to get me in earlier than planned (plus I had a 2 hour journey) then did`nt go down until 5.30pm....not a happy bunny!

All the best hun x

Love Kat x

A winter wedding followed by sun sounds lovely. We go for winter sun in December, it gives a great boost - and you are still looking forward to your holls while everyone is moaning it is 6-8 months before they go LOL. You can look fab with a lovely coat or cape over your dress to keep warm. A couple of village weddings have had beautiful fur (or faux fur) stoles, and my friend had a gorgeous cranberry red dress to marry in.

Well I want to change the title of this to
"my pencil date is now and ink date that has been tippexed out and delayed by a week"

So my new date is 4th August - they can't get an anaesthetist for 21st July so we are all shunted back a week. Not the end of the world but a bit disappointing as it was one week to my milk diet.
The big bummer bit is we will have to cancel the antiques fair we are doing in August. It takes a lot of work beforehand packing everything up for the two day fair, I thought I would get away with three weeks but now it is two and could get cancelled again. I think I will have to take the wrath of the organisers and cancel.

The good think Kat is I know my op is in the morning as they only do one bypass and one band a week always Thursday morning. I used to pay annually for prescriptions but qualify for free ones now being on Metformin and thyroxine so at least I don't have to worry about the costs. At least I can now put off choosing which doc to see for another week, maybe if it does get cancelled again, my own doc will be back of his holidays ;-)

Great news Trish... Good luck not long now x

Back