• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My pre op diet diary

Paula Garner

I think it will be a good idea to keep a pre op diet diary, so I can record my feelings. So here I go. This morning I woke up feeling really anxious. Will I be able to stick to it for two weeks? I'm determined to but I know it's going to be really hard.

But what's two weeks for the amazing gift I get to keep me healthy for the rest of my life? This morning I stayed in bed for as long as I possibly could for some strange reason. I think it was to avoid starting the diet for as long as possible.

When I got up I made some sugar free milk jelly and had a yogurt and a cup of tea for breakfast. Not feeling too bad so far, but I'm still really anxious. Let's see how the rest of day one goes. I apologise in advance if anyone finds this really boring :)

Last edited:
Good luck Paula, I found the diet boring but I was never hungry.
Em xxxx

Ok so day one of the diet is done. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I wasn't hungry, but I did think about food alot today. I hope this gets a little easier as the days roll by.

I saved my stock cube drink until last and I'm glad I did. I'd had enough of milk based drinks by the time I was ready to drink it, and it made a pleasant change. I've prepared all my things for work tomorrow. I am a bit worried about how I'll cope, as my job is busy, active and stressful. But I suppose I will have to wait and see.

Tough day today in work. I've been really busy. I've felt dizzy and light headed for most of the day and I'm really lethargic. I'm managing to get all my milk and fluids in, so it's not all bad. I still don't feel hungry, which is also good.

I'm staring to get a headache and I'm really tired. I'm having a new kitchen tomorrow, so I have to finish packing up that before I can go to bed. I'm looking forward to my stock cube and some sleep.

The last two days have not been good. I feel very lethargic and now also have a sore throat and a fuzzy tongue. My manager has told me to reduce my patient caseload to zero, and only do non clinical office based work for the next week. She has also reduced my working day by two hours, which was really kind of her.

I'm still not hungry, which is a bonus. Ive stuck to the diet religiously and I've lost 10lb already. Only another week to go. It will be nice to see if the tiredness gets better.

Sounds like your doing great keep it up you will soon be there xx

Well done lovely not long now how nice of your manager I work in an operating theatre and I'm not telling my manager cos she can be a ***** xx

Well, I've had a much better day today. I think on over the grotty stage now, as I feel like I have more energy. My processing and thinking is still a bit slow, but I don't feel hungry at all. I haven't thought about food half as much today either. 8 days to go till D day, wooo hoooo !!!! :)

Had my pre op on Tuesday and it all went well. Had to go back for an extra blood test today, because of my IgA deficiency. I'm so sick of milk I never ever want to drink it again.

I'm starting to get really scared and anxious now, as my surgery is in 3 days.

Back