• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nagging doubts!

Jen1961

Is on her way!
I'm sorry this is a bit of a downer post but I don't know who else I can vent to.

I shouldn't be complaining as I've lost 3 and a half stone since my pre op diet and op 4 and a half weeks ago. I should be ecstatic right? I'm not, I'm totally miserable. Every day I have nagging doubts that this is not for me, but I'm on a roller coaster I can't get off - ever!! I'm in such a moil!

It hasn't helped that I ended up with open surgery which really upset me when I saw the length of my scar - 47 staples, so you can imagine, but to be honest it's healing well and looks less traumatic now the staples are gone.

I started back at work last Monday, light jobs and only a couple or so clients a day. Thursday evening while finishing my last client I started to feel quite unwell and within ten minutes of sitting down with my family I started with a full on fever. I took paracetamol and went to bed. The next day I couldn't get out of bed I was so I'll. The doctor came and confirmed I've cellulitis in my lower abdomen which as come from my navel which is the only part of my scar which is taking its time to heal. So since Friday I can't eat or drink without up chucking. The liquid antibiotics make me retch just by its smell. (at least it seems to be working and I might get away with another hospital stay).

Has anyone else felt they've done the wrong thing and can anyone reassure me that lots feel like this and it will pass? I feel so ungrateful for this opportunity, I just wish I could start to enjoy it a little.

I've seen another thread that the poster wasn't drinking enough which might also have some baring on me too so I'm going to try and address that tomorrow.

Sorry once again for a miserable post :-((

Jen x

Oh Jen im so sorry you are poorly... cellulitus is an infection which will make you feel horrid.. have they given you antibiotics to take?
I had an infection in one of my wounds and had a 7 day course which cleared it... you will get better soon hun xx
And the water is really important xx

I have read many posts off people regretting their surgery a couple of weeks post op. I have a friend whose wound burst open (she was open surgery the same as me) and had the most god awful time.... She has never ever said to me she regrets it, in fact the opposite.

I am blessed that i have never ever regretted my surgery. Okay i've had days when i've eaten too fast or had a mouthful to many and wanted to be sick for a few hours but even then i loved my rny surgery....

Get through this sickness and you'll be fine. Life is for living and you will be living it to the max xxx

Yes I've been given a course of liquid antibiotics which is a nightmare to take. But as its working I'll go with it.

I am in a lot of pain with it, and it's in a very uncomfortable place.

I had an aggressive bout of cellulitis on my leg in September which I was in hospital for 10 days on IV antibiotics. What a mess my leg was, it looked and felt as though I had been scalded and it's still in poor shape and scared. It ended up blistering all over and weeks to recover from. I'm so scared this goes anything like that. I don't think it will as it seems to be shrinking back a little.

Fingers crossed xxx

Aw Jen, lovely :cry: So sorry you are feeling so low. Cellulitis is a horrible thing to have so soon after your open bypass ... BUT all things shall pass & very soon you will feel better & realise you did do the right thing for your long term health.
Hope the meds you are on make you feel much better, very soon, honey & we are here to listen/read anytime you feel the need to vent, mwah xxx :wave_cry:

I had cellulitis in my face and it affected my eye,so I know how you feel.This will pass and as you get stronger life will begin to get a whole lot better for you.You wont regret surgery in a few months I promise.Look forward to next spring and all those lovely clothes you will be seeing for the summer holidays,in sizes you could only dream of.Your health will be great and you will have tons of energy!Best of luck.Maz x

Oh Jen your poor body's been through so much! No wonder you are feeling down - better to be down with us than making your family miserable!

It WILL get better - things generally do, and they will be keeping a close eye on the cellulitis. You'll look back at this post in a few months and smile.

Well done on your weight loss so far.

You are probably feeling miserable and low because you are poorly. I really feel for you. I think when you are finally healed you will come to love your bypass. If the anti biotics make you feel poorly, try drinking a pro biotic drink like actimel 0.1% the friendly bacteria stop the nausea. xx
I Hope you feel better quickly, and well done on your amazing weight loss so far. xx

Awww lovely, that's horrible. I so hope it clears up very quickly for you. I'm sure that once you're back to normal you will love your new life. It's no wonder you are feeling down after your disappointment and shock of having open surgery. You're body is going to take much longer to heal than with keyhole and no one expects you to feel fab during that time. It seems very early for you to have returned to work. You should be resting and letting yourself heal.

Take loads of care of yourself and be kind to yourself. Don't expect too much at the moment.

Love Kate x

Hope u feel better soon Hun (((big hugs)))) well dun on ur weight loss so far x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Jen, I think the posts above have said it all. I will just say that you should keep in touch with the people on this site because no one will understand your state of mind like we do. Things will work out for you and once your secondary problems have healed you can get on with enjoying your new life. I'm sure that I can speak for everyone on here that we are all with you and are thinking of you.

Hun you had 3 ops in one so please don't be so hard on yourself ((((((((((hugs)))))))))).
I have had many boats of cellutlius and it makes you feel so bad so rest and let the AB's work and give your body time to heal and just think 2012 is going to be such a good year for you and congratulations on your fantastic weight loss so far.
Be kind to yourself xxxxxxx

awww Jen, bless your heart :( theres nothing i can say that hasn't already been said. Hope you feel better soon mate mwah xxx

Hope you feel better soon hun xx

Its understandable that you're feeling fed up and wondering wether you have made the right decision....you've been through the mill a bit and its bound to be hard to stay positive.

Look at you fabulous weight loss so far, what a great acheivement, remember how you felt pre op...you knew that this was the best thing for you....

Being at work will be a bit draining too....maybe you could take a little more time off and spend some time pampering yourself...

In a few months time you wont recognise yourself and will be a whole new you...

Take care and sending you my very best wishes x

Hi Jen,
I'm new on here and had my bypass on tuesday. I think it i perfectly normal to have doubts when we have been through so much already to get to the surgery especially when you have been through so much more. Please try and remember you are not alone and this will get better. I think you are brilliant for coping so well. Good luck xxx

Thank you so much everyone for your encouraging words. It's cheered me up no end just now reading them.

I've tried to drink more today, a long way to go before enough but better than previous days.

I've postponed most clients today for the rest of the week and just doing bare minimum for those clients that are desperate to get their work done before Xmas so that feels like a big relief too to be honest.

Thanks again everyone for your support, you are a fabulous set of people. XXXXX

So sorry to hear of your problems so far with your journey, but remember that it is a journey and we all hit bumps in the road but it will get better..... Things will improve and you will learn to love life again and the new things that will come your way.
I regretted my op for the first 2 weeks post op and every day i cried about what i had done! Im now 6 weeks post op and things are getting almost back to normal. Im eating well, no dumping and loving how my life no longer revolves around food.
Stay Strong hun and you will get there, remember we are all here for you for those down times :)

Back