• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need more fluids

PurpleB

Hi,

I can't seem to drink enough and I'm getting worried as I have just gone all day without even thinking about goint to the loo :(

Cold drinks are hard for me (feel sick with them) but I've had four mugs of coffee and some hot orange today, along with milk on my weetabix. Not a lot I know but better than yesterday.

Any tips for drinking more? I'm sure this is part of the reason that my scales have not moved for ages either.

Moira

how about ice lollies honey?

You could try carrying a sports bottle with you I know when I do I drink more than normal. Also if am finding it hard I use a straw as it goes down faster. X

I stuggle to hun but do try my best, i take a bottle with me everywhere now x

Ps I also like to heat up my lemonade and drink it warm. It takes out the fizz and it's delish but not for everyone though lol x

Hot NAS Vimto...... yummmmmmmmmmm :D

Hot Vimto & hot Ribena are nice. I was the same as you for the first few weeks, but now I can drink, if not normally, better than I was & am getting 2 ltrs most days. Just do your best, sweetie xx :)

I found room temp drinks difficult to take so followed a tip of freezing a bottle of squash and sipping it as it defrosted - and it worked! Have you tried really cold, with lots if ice?
I also find that fruit juice (apple or orange) go down a bit easier too, though I try to restrict them a bit due to calories, and also some people can dump on juice so be careful!
Good luck, I sympathise with you as I know that I should still drink more than I can manage most days -this is not the easy option that some people think is it?!

Back